Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request new ZUG forums here!
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Site Specific Forums > Site Suggestions, Requests, and Updates
Pages: 1, 2
nevarrie
How about a Kansas City ZUG...
Anonymous
I'd be interested in a Tennessee User Group. There are at least several other Zaurii users in Knoxville that I personally know.

Thanks!

Ceffyl
offroadgeek
Ceffyl - I've created the forum and the group. Once you register with the site, I can make you moderator of the forum.
omega
Hi, can you please create an Ireland ZUG. I'd like to see are there any others here, I already know one person...
BalroG
Hi Gentlemen! blink.gif

Could you create a ZUG for SOUTH-AFRICA please? Dunno if I will be the only one, but it might just trigger some more Z ppl in SA to come out of the woodwork - I'm feeling all lonely with my C860 here at the southern tip of Africa biggrin.gif

Thanks!!! laugh.gif
chyang
would you like to open ZUG China for us?
Sharp and CECT has cooperated and relased at lease 2 models Zaurus: SL5600C/SL7500C. More and more people will enjoy the life with Zaurus. smile.gif
Thank you very much!!
Zug_Bamf
Baltimore / Washington D.C forum please.

Zug_bamf
BalroG
Does anybody look at these requests? Have not recieved any feedback yet - is there some more formal procedure to request a ZUG?
omega
Balrog, i'd say ORG is just busy - this is definitely the way to get your ZUG!
BalroG
Cool! My wife always says I should learn to be more patient biggrin.gif
yzord
Hi,
Not sure if this is the best place to request this, but it does say "Request new ZUG forums here!" so...

Anyway, discussions about Xqt are horribly fragmented as there is no good place to really discuss Xqt issues. Therefore, the same questions seem to come up again and again due to the confusion. Problems which could be solved by exposure and people working together dont have a chance, as the discussions are too fragmented, and tend to be buried in different threads.
As well, there is no place to maintain a compatibility list of apps that work well on Xqt as well as pdaxrom, which would be extremely helpful to anyone using Xqt.

Thus, I would like to request an X/Qt forum under the "Everything Zaurus" section - maybe just after the "Sharp ROMs" topic.

Thanks in advance.
Yz
BVer
Hello,
I would be very happy to see the Czech ZUG forum. Could you create it, please?

Some CZ users may appreciate discussing localisation issues and regional specific stuff. Hope superb Zaurus devices become popular in my country soon.

Thanks in advance.
BVer
Ferret-Simpson
Also not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it seems the most appropraite place. . .

Over in Hardware Mods, we've been working on a design for a complete Open-Source Hardware PDA, called the PocketPenguin-Zero.

It's not really a Hardware mod, since it's an entirely new device, and we've already got 421 posts. . about 100 or so A4 pages. . . Discussions are getting confused, because we have only one thread, and we're now reaching the point where we need to split it into Security, OS, User-Applications, Casing, Keyboard, Motherboard, Peripherals, Phone ROM, Stacks. . ..

We're all very definately dedicated! So would it be possible to have a PocketPenguin thread under "Model Specific Forums" Please?

Thanks!

The very-very-sweetly-sucking-up Ferret-Simpson.

P.S. We all love your work, and think you're great and your forum is pretty!
tapjpa
Your forum's been created!
No sucking up required but cold beer is always appreciated wink.gif

Best of luck on this project, I've been watching for a while now and it sounds great so far.

Jim

QUOTE(Ferret-Simpson @ Jul 27 2006, 03:19 PM)
Also not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it seems the most appropraite place. . .

Over in Hardware Mods, we've been working on a design for a complete Open-Source Hardware PDA, called the PocketPenguin-Zero.

It's not really a Hardware mod, since it's an entirely new device, and we've already got 421 posts. . about 100 or so A4 pages. . . Discussions are getting confused, because we have only one thread, and we're now reaching the point where we need to split it into Security, OS, User-Applications, Casing, Keyboard, Motherboard, Peripherals, Phone ROM, Stacks. . ..

We're all very definately dedicated! So would it be possible to have a PocketPenguin thread under "Model Specific Forums" Please?

Thanks!

The very-very-sweetly-sucking-up Ferret-Simpson.

P.S. We all love your work, and think you're great and your forum is pretty!
Ferret-Simpson
WI as in Wisconsin?

I can try and get a cold beer to you, but Britain's Royal Mail aren't known for their refridgeration. XD
tapjpa
QUOTE(Ferret-Simpson @ Jul 27 2006, 04:31 PM)
WI as in Wisconsin?

I can try and get a cold beer to you, but Britain's Royal Mail aren't known for their refridgeration. XD

Yes WI as in Wisconsin, home of Miller Beer and Bratwurst.

Refrigerantion shouldn't matter to much with our snail mail it will get here in time for winter and my only worry is that it might be frozen.
Lurker
I just noticed that the PocketPenguin subforum is not listed when I am not logged in, nor are any of its posts shown in search results. Is this intentional?
(Firefox 1.5.0.5 / WinXP)
dz
QUOTE(Lurker @ Aug 2 2006, 10:47 AM)
I just noticed that the PocketPenguin subforum is not listed when I am not logged in, nor are any of its posts shown in search results. Is this intentional?
(Firefox 1.5.0.5 / WinXP)

I changed it so guests can view and read, but can't reply.
speculatrix
Sony Mylo forum = hardware and software sub-sections please, in anticipation of when people get their hands on this qtopia+linux beast!
Ferret-Simpson
HTC (Universal? smile.gif) forum please!

The linux port is on the verge of surpassing all the other Linux/HTC ports, even the blueangel. Phone almost works, Angstrom runs, and since the hardware of the Universal is similar in certain ways to the Zaurus (Same CPU, and similar screen, interfaces. . ) but with the CF sockets filled (With GPRS card, Wifi and bluetooth wink.gif)

Actually, it's alberts C1000 with a Vodafone 3G modem in the CF slot!

I also feel that the software side of the Uni would help the Pocketpenguin to stop languishing a little. Yes, I did just say that.
tux
cool.gif Would it be possible to have a new forum for TitchyLinux.

If you look in the general thread there is a great deal of current activity and interest.

It must be worth it if I've flashed away from Cacko! rolleyes.gif

"You Know it makes sense!"

biggrin.gif
tux
QUOTE(tux @ Sep 20 2007, 10:27 PM)
cool.gif Would it be possible to have a new forum for TitchyLinux.

If you look in the general thread there is a great deal of current activity and interest.

It must be worth it if I've flashed away from Cacko! rolleyes.gif

"You Know it makes sense!"

biggrin.gif

cool.gif Thankyou for the new Debian forum. At the moment it contains two sticky threads: concerning TitchyLinux and YAD.

Cheers biggrin.gif
tux
cool.gif Cortex has requested a new sub forum for Ubuntu in this thread Forum for Ubuntu?. I second the suggestion. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Thanks for the quick response! cool.gif
ArchiMark
Please add a section for the new Sharp Netwalker, the closest thing to a Zaurus successor available now, with linux!

There are several people that I know of that have Netwalkers and we would really like a place to discuss Netwalker and in turn help generate more interest in it.

Thanks!

Mark
New Netwalker Owner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.