QUOTE(poor @ May 23 2006, 02:47 PM)
I have been tryng to install kismet with http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=How_to...on_the_SL-6000L
but i have a problem when i get to step 7 with the ulcx i cant use it.,i dont know why but my Z dont recognize ulcx.
So i think is better to try with another version without the ulcx.
Can anyone tell me what files do i need?.
I am not sure about what kismet version and if i need the same libcap and the libstdc ,kismet qt etc.
if you are still hanging around here and struggling to have Kismet working, this is what I did on my stock ROM SL-6000:
- I went to the "Kismet How to" page here:http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=How_to...on_the_SL-6000L
- Downloaded with the SL-6000 the following packages and library:
- Followed very carefully the instructions on the "How to" (only difference being that I downloaded libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so into my CF card and then from there I copied it to /usr/lib using File Manager instead of the command line)
I had Kismet running in about 15 minutes, including the time needed to download the packages and the libraries. It worked at the first attempt, not issues whatsover.
A couple of tips:
- Don't forget to run Kismet as "root" tapping and holding its icon and checking the "Execute with root privilege"
- Since you are at it, uncheck the "Display with magnified screen" box. With all the real estate of the glorious SL-6000 display there is not need to magnify. Looks much nicer in hi-rez at full blown 640x480!!
Now, I do have a couple of questions for the more "senior" users of Kismet:
- Since this set-up with the old version is working, is there any major advantage in upgrading to the latest arm package? What are the key differences?
- Is there any way to tweak the .conf files to have KismetQt diplaying more information when set to "summary"? There is plenty of unused space on the line!
- Everything seems to be working fine selecting either "Sharp- prism2" or "Sharp3x-prism2" as "Scheme" in the "Config" tab. Is one of the two best for the SL-6000?