Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gnuplot and missing libpng.so.2
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
billy_other
hello,

trying to get gnuplot to run, but it seems i'm missing a library "libpng.so.2 i tried symlink to libqte.so.2.3.2, but no luck! Any pointers

thks smile.gif

billy
lardman
Do you have any libpng* libs in /usr/lib ?

You could symlink it to libpng12.so.x (something like that), or to libpng.so.3 if you have that.

I think that libpng is built into one of the base libs but I don't know which (check the exact name which it was looking for - was it libpng.so.2 or libpng.so, make sure your symlink is to the correct file). Search might find it, otherwise libpng is doubtless available on killefiz.de.

Si
billy_other
found libpng.so.2 in /home/root/usr/lib. i symlinked it to /usr/lib , but still no luck

sad.gif

billy
lardman
/home/root/usr/lib is a funny place to find a lib.

What exactly does the error message say?

Are you sure the symlink worked? Did you:

# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s /home/root/usr/lib/libpng.so.2 .

Or something like that?

Si
billy_other
Hello Si,

Yeah symlink is there, created just as you've shown. I agree an odd place to have lib.

sad.gif

billy
lardman
Did you install libpng? I can't think of any other reason for it to be there.

Check the filesize (that it isn't 0 bytes), permissions (don't know whether they matter to tell the truth).

Si
datajerk
I just compiled gnuplot 4.0 and tested it with Cacko/Qt 1.21 with X/qt. Perhaps it will help.

http://sense.net/zc/gnuplot/gnuplot_4.0.0_arm.ipk
billy_other
Si,

No, came preinstalled. Odd really, installed ipk version and it runs fine.all i need to do is install x11

thanks for you time and help smile.gif

billy

datajerk,

Thanks installed with no problems

smile.gif

billy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.