Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ppc's applications on Z?
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
mpak
Just a question.Lets say i like an application that runs on ppc's.Can i ported it to linux Z?Or i have to rewrite it from the begining?Is there any connection between them?
its noobie question but i just want to know
padishah_emperor
Depends on how the app was written but generally NO, heaven forbid. The Z uses Qtopia and apps must be written specifically for it, just as it would for a Palm, Mac or whatever the Microsoft effort is this week. ;-)

I notice this kinda question every week at least! I find it hard to believe that people are buying Linux PDAs and getting confused about what can run on it, obviously, someone, somewhere is not being clear enough.

:-)
mentat_bashar
Depends on how the app was written but generally NO, heaven forbid. The Z uses Qtopia and apps must be written specifically for it, just as it would for a Palm, Mac or whatever the Microsoft effort is this week. ;-)

I notice this kinda question every week at least! I find it hard to believe that people are buying Linux PDAs and getting confused about what can run on it, obviously, someone, somewhere is not being clear enough.

:-)
I don't know i got a "z" cos i wanted the power of linux in my hand. if i'd have wanted a shitty palm or ppc i would have got one of them.seems a little inane> don't you agree Emperor.
padishah_emperor
It's a valid question, but it disturbs me how often it comes up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.