Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do People Still Use Pda's?
OESF Portables Forum > General Forums > General Discussion
Randy_003
Hi, haven't been to this site for a long while, just curious, with the age of the smart phones do people still use a PDA? Thanks smile.gif

Thanks
zaurusrex
QUOTE(Randy_003 @ Sep 29 2015, 05:21 AM) *
Hi, haven't been to this site for a long while, just curious, with the age of the smart phones do people still use a PDA? Thanks smile.gif

Thanks

I can hear your Palm Pilot chirping!
ArchiMark
What's a PDA?

smile.gif

Don't use one anymore other than a Zaurus.....well, did use a Pandora for a while...

Too bad about them and especially the Zaurus, think a C4000 clamshell with built-in wifi and USB port would have been great.....

Anxious to see the new Pyra (gen II Pandora...) get released either end of this year or early next year.....

Mark
ArchiMark
Hey guys,

Check out the current activity with our little Z's over at the new Arch Linux ARM on Zaurus forum section....

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showforum=167

And check out danboid's new video......link is in one of the threads there.....

Very cool.....

biggrin.gif

Mark
Cyberdoc1971
Even with my droid, I'm still using my C3100 for scheduling and such. I still love the keyboard of my Z.
ArchiMark
In case some of you thought OESF had disappeared, well, as you can see, it's back again!

Come by and visit!

Mark
Varti
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Sep 29 2016, 08:01 AM) *
In case some of you thought OESF had disappeared, well, as you can see, it's back again!

Come by and visit!

Mark

happy.gif

Varthall
speculatrix
My current phone is a Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Having a monster screen means that you don't lose too much space when the virtual keyboard appears. I can use it with a USB OTG adaptor and use a keyboard, as well as a bluetooth keyboard.

I have a big memory card in it, which is partioned with about 4GB set aside with Debian installed, so since my phone is rooted, I can mount that and chroot in. I can even start sshd on it, and then ssh into my phone.

Sadly, there's been nothing Zaurus like for most of recent history, apart from the GPD Win. I should check if anyone posted that.
TheWalt
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Sep 30 2016, 05:23 PM) *
Sadly, there's been nothing Zaurus like for most of recent history, apart from the GPD Win. I should check if anyone posted that.

I purchased one of the GPD Win's so will be able to review for everyone when I get it (hopefully in a few weeks if they are on schedule).
speculatrix
I moved my reply to the GPD thread
https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=34424
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.