Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I built SDL 1.2.7
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Linux Applications
coldfusion
Recently I've build SDL 1.2.7 on A SL-5500. How many
have built SDL (with includes)? biggrin.gif
CoreyC
awsome... are you going to share it?
Ashitaka
I also built SDL 1.2.7 for Zaurus using the instructions given for the cross-compilation of VLC (video player). It seems to work, since VLC is still running after I replace the libraries on the Zaurus.
Of course, you have to change the "/opt/cross" to indicate the path to the installation of you cross-compiling toolchain.

$ tar xvzf SDL-1.2.7.tar.gz
$ cd SDL-1.2.7
$ ./configure --enable-release --target=arm-linux --host=arm-linux
--disable-esd
--prefix=/opt/cross/arm-linux/usr
--x-includes=/opt/cross/arm-linux/usr/X11R6/include
--x-libraries=/opt/cross/arm-linux/usr/X11R6/lib
--disable-video-opengl
$ export PATH=/opt/cross/bin:$PATH
$ make && make install

BUT, I don't know how to program using that sad.gif
I have some good experience of SDL programming for computers, but on my Zaurus C760 I just have "No available video device" when doing SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO)...
Does anyone have the source of an example program using SDL for Zaurus ? Thanks !
ced
I've compiled the same version for qtopia and it works as expected...
Mickeyl
It's also in OE since months wink.gif
_Psycho
BUT, I don't know how to program using that sad.gif
I have some good experience of SDL programming for computers, but on my Zaurus C760 I just have "No available video device" when doing SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO)...
Does anyone have the source of an example program using SDL for Zaurus ? Thanks !

for SDL itself i suggest to check on zports.sf.net, its on the cvs, there is a lots of SDL patches for the c7x0 devices. For example, well you can always check scummvm source or something else that use SDL on the zaurus smile.gif

Edit: For the original post, thats a yes wink.gif
Ashitaka
OK thanks I'll check that out !
If it works well I'll maybe port my strategy game (you know M.A.X.) for the Zaurus smile.gif
cmisip
How about working on SDL mixer and adding tremor codec?
Ashitaka
Not really interested tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.