Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SEARCH failures
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Site Specific Forums > Site Suggestions, Requests, and Updates
Miami_Bob
Since messages in:

http://www.zaurususergroup.com/index.php?n...iewtopic&t=4056

(Extended "Last Forum Posts" & "Recent Posts")

I have been using "*" as search criteria to see an extended list of recent posts. Recently, when I click page 2 (or 3 or 4) or "next", I get an error page with:

.............. INFORMATION

....... No topics or posts met your search criteria

Doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not, if I try "in same window" or "in different window" or which browser I use. Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Bob W
Miami FL
offroadgeek
I'll research the issue and post any findings here.

thanks
Stubear
I've had this happen once or twice and generally going back to the search page and starting again worked - maybe a burp in the forums database or something?

Stu
Miami_Bob
I've had this happen once or twice and generally going back to the search page and starting again worked - maybe a burp in the forums database or something?

Stu

Negatory here, Stu. Can even close the browser, reopen & search with same results. Not every search, but seems to be getting more frequent. Only noticed so far on the "*" searches, BTW.

THANKS!

Bob W
Miami_Bob
Sorry to say it, guys, but now the problem is so bad that I can not get past the first page of a "*" search at all. Tried logged on, logged off, close browser & come back on. Nada. Also doesn't matter if I'm at home or at work. Something has changed in the past week or so, since this wasn't happening before then.

Bob W
Miami FL
Stubear
Hmm, Something is up, when I search for last days post with * then it returns 166 hits (4 pages) pages 1 and 2 show okay but 3 and 4 come up blank with 166 hits still showing at the top. If I change it to 7 days then I can read pages 3 and 4. Very odd. Tried resetting cache and cookies and history but nothing changed.

stu
Miami_Bob
Stu & ORG - If I search "*" for the last 7 days (or 2 weeks or whatever) THEN the '#x page' & next/previous work OK every time. Same search open ended time chokes every time now. Just for additional data.

Computers - they keep a person humble.

Bob W
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.