Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: re-install qacko rom (new version)
OESF Portables Forum > General Forums > General Discussion
lareya
Hi,
I kinda jacked up my rom by trying to move a bunch of files to my CF card, when I had them on my SD card. I installed off my SD card cuz at the time had no CF card. But now my CF card is large (4gb) . so ...I get into the Service menu, but I am not sure which one to choose. When I first put cacko's rom into my Z I did it soley by the instructions (cuz the menu was all in Japanese), but now it is in English, and I am not sure which to choose. I am afraid of brinking my new Z...so which do I chose now? after my z has cacko Elena hotflash a. I can't d/l anymore ipkg's cuz of my messed up files. I would like to just start over with a fresh load of cacko. Thanks alot for your help.

Lareya
maslovsky
In English menu select "Install New ROM" option. After inslallation is complete you'll be prompted to flash user partition - answer yes. Upon first boot, install Hotfix И and you're all set.
lareya
Thanks, but the menu I was into did not have this as a option. It had 3 pages and I scrolled through all of them, but I didn't see "install new rom as a option. Are there 2 menu's? :? This seemed diagnostic, looked like a lot of tests and stuff. I had to remove my battery, hit d and m and the on button, and it took lots of tries. Am I missing something? :?

TIA,

Lareya
maslovsky
Thats not the menu you want - that was a diagnostic menu that yougot into. Why do you hit D and M buttons? The instructions say to press OK + Power button.
lareya
Okay,
I did follow the instructions (20 times) without anything happening. battery out, unplugged, battery in, plug back in, ok+ Power on - Nothing. I have a black screen. I hold it for a long time, I hold it for a short time, I tap on the buttons - Nothing. So I searched the forum for menu and found another way to find a menu screen. Okay, to make a long story short - It is the only menu I can get into and even that takes many tries. I didn't realize that there were 2 types of menus.

My problem is that I can't install any ipkg anymore, I wanted the hotfix b, but I can uninstall. So I am kind of stuck. I have been working on this for a few days now... what do YOU suggest?

TIA,

lareya
lareya
Hi all, laugh.gif
a follow up here biggrin.gif The trick is to take the battery out and extend the time of keeping it out. I tried evey other variable, but when I let the battery out for a good long time (5 minutes vs seconds), then the menu just popped up! Yeah, now I can re-install the rom! Thanks again for the help here!!!!! biggrin.gif

Lareya
zbones
Your ipkg istall problem is most likely due to a failed or aborted install and could be sorted if your handy with vi and know what files to edit, and what bits to delete.

Re-flashing the rom will also work, and will also clear out all the crap you put on, but later decided you don't really want/need but couldn't be botherd to uninstall.
lareya
Yeah, that is what I thought, so I reflashed and now I have a better idea what I want to have on my Z. It's all good now! I install fine, and I luckily backed up KOPI, so that really is all I was concerned about. smile.gif
maslovsky
OK, I'm glad it works for you now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.