I wrote a Java application that I can run just fine from the console (QKonsole) by using "evm dandc" (dandc is the classname). I thought, just for fun, I'd try to set up an icon so I can launch it without the console.
1. I copied "qkonsole.desktop" from /home/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications to the Documents area on my CF card, and called it "dandc.desktop".
2. I created a bash script called "dandc.sh" in /mnt/card/QtPalmtop/java, where the class resides. That script contains 2 lines:
3. I downloaded an icon (in .png format) to /mnt/card/Documents/Image_files
4. I edited dandc.desktop to show:
5. I copied dandc.desktop back to /home/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications (changed the permissions to 644 like all the other .desktops there).
I was expecting "dandc" to now show up in the "Tab Settings" selection, but it didn't. I realize that I changed a lot of things at once but even so, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or, how to do it right?