Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! SD card slot malfunction
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Cxx0 Hardware
mls64
My (c860) SD card will no longer stay in the slot! Pressing it in you can feel the spring action, but it doesn't click in to stay in position. Anyone have a solution? If not, glad I bought from Dynamism...I'll have to exchange/repair.
mls64
Well, no solution other than to send it in to Dynamism, who looked at it and found that it has to be sent back to Sharp Japan. Likely 3 weeks turnaround time.....
definitely having withdrawal....but glad I bought it from a vendor where a warranty fix could be implemented.

Mike
shula
(Too late for you, maybe, but not for others with same problems:)

I had the same malfunction: SD card didn't stayed lock in its slot.

After 2 weeks of considering whether to send it to japan or trying the local witchcraft,
I tried to push the SD in again,
while twisting a very little bit left, right, up, down, as if i were lock-picking
and suddenly - VOILA! it locked again!
Now the SD card slot is back to normal.

My assumption is, that somehow, by accident, i caused the hook to get stuck, but when i nudged it here and there, it got released.

Hope this tip will help someone :-)
dahukanna
shula
while twisting a very little bit left, right, up, down, as if i were lock-picking
and suddenly - VOILA! it locked again!
Now the SD card slot is back to normal.

This tip should have 10 gold stars. I tried it and it worked like a charm. It saved me having to send my Z in for repairs.

Thanks for the tip.

Dawn. rolleyes.gif
lareya
This is good for a FAQ also.

Howto un stick your SD card slot before spending tons of your money on shipping and repair. laugh.gif

Lareya
ralphrmartin
I hava slightly different issue.

My SD card doesnt seem to sit too well in its slot, like the slot is a bit too big. As a result, it quite often happens that the card stops making good contact, and my C860 unmounts it. If I wiggle it in the slot it remounts.

However, if you dont notice it has become unmounted, its a pain if you e.g. try to save a file to it, you have zbedic dictionaries on it, etc.

Anyone else have this problem? And more to the point, anyone have a good solution? I though of taping the card into the slot, but that's a bit crude...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.