Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with Qazoo
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Ling
I figured that before I contacted the author directly I would post here. Before you say 'use gaim', the installation process is way to complex when all I want to do is use Yahoo Instant Messenger. The installation seemed to go OK, but I can't connect to the the server. I have tried it on a couple of different network connections just to make sure it was not a firewall issue, but no joy. Is anyone using Qazoo? Did you have any problems connecting? Were you able to solve them? How? Have a nice weekend.
tumnus
Yahoo keeps changing their protocol to try and thwart these third party IM apps and I don't think Qazoo is getting updated. So you may have no choice other than to use Gaim I'm afraid.
Tehas
Qtopia Gaim won't even work right now. It's Yahoo support appears to have been broken since the beginning of the year.
Ling
As stated here:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/inde...wtopic=5685&hl=

there is a new version of Qazoo that works like a champ. If all you need is YIM, it is a super app. Remember to delete the app and the libyahoo before you install the new one. Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.