Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gimp icon?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
offroadgeek
now to show everyone how little I know about linux and X... ohmy.gif

I've successfully installed gimp onto the x11 rom, and I can run it great from konsole, but I'd like to have the pretty icon in the apps folder as well. The only thing I can find is .gimp-1.2.

Any suggestions?

offroadgeek
omin0us
are you looking for an icon to use? or how to set up the icon. If you are wanting to create the icon you need to have a loot at ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/README, that should have all you need to make them. also check out ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/rox-clib.html

hope that helps you out.
jerrybme
are you looking for an icon to use? or how to set up the icon. If you are wanting to create the icon you need to have a loot at ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/README, that should have  all you need to make them. also check out ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/rox-clib.html

hope that helps you out.

Thanks for info, but not all of us are young wiz-kids like yourself (note small measure of jealousy on both the youth & wiz parts).

In looking at the help doc and then opening AppRun in vi, am I correct in assuming that if you copy the AppRun file; replace the BIN= line with the path to the executable you want to add and make appropriate revisions the xml file and add a AppIcon.xpm that would work?

The above assumes you're adding this to a new folder named for the app

Am I close?

Thanks,

Jerry
offroadgeek
In looking at the help doc and then opening AppRun in vi, am I correct in assuming that if you copy the AppRun file; replace the BIN= line with the path to the executable you want to add and make appropriate revisions the xml file and add a AppIcon.xpm that would work?

The above assumes you're adding this to a new folder named for the app

Am I close?

Thanks,

Jerry

jerry - what you described there woked for me. which is great, I can now launch gimp via an icon in the apps directory smile.gif

last question though, where do i get the appropriate AppIcon.xpm? I used mc to do a search, but nothing turned up for gimp... maybe I'll look for one on my suse box.

thanks for the help!

offroadgeek
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.