Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opera 7 Install
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
jdralphs
I'd like to install opera 7.3 for my sl-5500 on my sd card, i tried it, ipkg said it was for main memory only -- is there any way to override that for future reference? By doing this, opera 6 is no longer found on my device sad.gif In desperation I'm installing it to main memory but now I 'click' on it and nothing happens. When I try to run it from the konsole it said "Bus error" nice eh?

I'm stuck on my Z without a browser now, any ideas?

((a note, ipkg did have an error when I installed opera 7.3, it said that all files had not been extracted succesfully))
Yasen
What are pros and cons of installing 7.30?
omega
If it says that not all files were extracted successfully then i suggest that you may have a corrupted file.
jdralphs
After 3 attempts from downloading it from a couple different computers and feeds ... I've concluded that maybe its a bad ipkg all together. Has anyone installed it on the Sl-5x00 and had it work?
dougeeebear
QUOTE(jdralphs @ Jun 30 2004, 08:38 AM)
After 3 attempts from downloading it from a couple different computers and feeds ... I've concluded that maybe its a bad ipkg all together. Has anyone installed it on the Sl-5x00 and had it work?

I installed opera 7 on my sl-5500 with no problem at all. You can download the file right here on zug downloads, under packages/applications (that's the one I used). I am running standard sharp 3.13 rom. I installed it to the internal memory. Hope this helps.
--note-- do not try to uninstall opera 6, because you can't.. I think opera 7 overwrites opera 6 (not sure though).

Doug
jdralphs
yup -- i got it from the download section here -- but it didn't work for me -- gave me errors and overwrote the symlinks to opera 6 .... I kindof have opera 6 useable again ..... i copied it from QtPalmtop.rom to my SD card because I didn't know how to redo the symlinks from the .rom folder -- it always gave me errors. Now though Opera tries to open ipk files when i try to download them instead of opening them with the package manager and does a few other weird things like that.
dougeeebear
Sounds like you need to do a reset, then install opera 7, and not do a restore of whatever else you have. You might have some gobblety-goop in your backup. Maybe a clean install will solve your problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.