Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quotes
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Deals and Great Z Buys
coder101
From Brando

1. The Sharp Zaurus SL-C860 PDA HK$4900
2. Spare 1700mAh battery HK$670
3. iPDA Retractable SyncCharger Cable HK$110
4. Micro Power adapter for Zaurus HK$380
5. Brando Workshop Screen Protectors for Zaurus SL-C760 HK$85
6. Shipping costs to Sydney, Australia HK$260

I'm getting this next week biggrin.gif [/url]
Foxdie
For those of you not understanding HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) like myself I've taken the liberty of converting those prices to US$ / Euro€ / GBP£:

1. Sharp Zarus C860: $631.18 US / €516.70 / £361.93
2. Spare 1700mAh battery: $86.30 US / €70.65 / £49.48
3. iPDA Retractable SyncCharger Cable (it can't be this cheap): $14.19 US / €11.60 / £8.12
4. Micro Power adapter for Zaurus: $48.95 US / €40.06 / £28.06
5. Brando Workshop Screen Protectors for C760: $10.95 US / €8.96 / £6.28
6. No point bothering as not all of us live in Oz smile.gif
lardman

That's pretty cheap too. Must be the strength of the Pound.

Si
Foxdie
Tell me about it, by the time I'd bought my C760 and had it imported from Japan I had payed over £500 including C&E (Customs) tax :cry:
lardman
How much was your import tax?

Si
Foxdie
About £75
dys
For others in the UK there is a company who import and reconfigure them on demand. The website is http://www.shirtpocket.co.uk/docs/zaurus.S...750.SL-C760.php
No I don't work/own/have shares in this company just thought I'd point them out as it could be useful to people wanting to import. And I have never ordered from them so I don't know how reliable they are.
The prices they have for the models are:
Prices (including Import Service)
C750 £475 : C860 £585

So I'm not sure how this compares with sorting all the import tax etc yourself ??

dys
Foxdie
I probably got a good deal with £500 then.
lardman

£361.93 + £75 (it'll be less as the price is less) = £436.93

Significantly less.

Si
tumnus
For others in the UK there is a company who import and reconfigure them on demand. The website is http://www.shirtpocket.co.uk/docs/zaurus.S...750.SL-C760.php
I have never ordered from them so I don't know how reliable they are.
The prices they have for the models are:
Prices (including Import Service)
C750 £475 : C860 £585

I got the Semsons battery extender from Shirtpocket (very nice battery extender) . They were very reliable with my order. I just had a problem with Royal Mail taking 4 days to get my parcel from one end of the M69 to the other. :?

That C860 price is a bit steep though. I thought their C760 price was a fair bit cheaper than that when I last looked at it.
Foxdie
Wow they do have pretty good prices for the accessories.
wbs
Tell me about it, by the time I'd bought my C760 and had it imported from Japan I had payed over £500 including C&E (Customs) tax :cry:

I paid a total of £380 for my 760 (incl P&P) and customs didn't even bat an eyelid! smile.gif

I suppose I was lucky!
zbones
wbs,
where did you buy it from?

Peter
wbs
I bought mine from PocketPenguin.com

I got a bit of a discount on the Z because I took one with damaged packaging. But the current prices are still pretty damn good!

I had tried to purchase a Zaurus from Kemplar, eBay and Hi-tech but Kemplar wouldn't accept my credit card (because it's from a European bank!?!), Paypal caused problems for me when I tried to pay the eBay trader and Hi-tech would only take a bank transfer; I don't have any time to get to the bank during the day (working monday to friday)

PocketPenguin was a delight to do business with. Very efficient, professional service and mcz (author of mcConvert) kept me up to date with the order etc. I would definately recommend PocketPenguin to anyone. smile.gif
zbones
Thanks for that.

They don't do the 860 yet, but I am sure they will.

added to my bookmarks for when I get my bonus.

Peter.
dys
Wow they do have pretty good prices for the accessories.

Yeah I saw that, out of interest has anyone used the CF WiFi card they have for sale (£44.95 biggrin.gif ) ? The model is the SPG-GEN004-R from Senao http://www.senao-usa.com/SL-2511CF.htm
They it works without any reconfiguration, but they don't specify if it works on the OZ ROM ? anyone any experience with these WiFi cards ??

Cheers
dys
allyrfriends
I'm using that card (branded as Origo) with OZ. It works perfectly without any reconfiguration. It also seems to be reasonably good with range and power -- my SL5500 keeps running for almost two hours of continuous wifi use. And it's good and small.
Anonymous
Hi,

Our prices have dropped a tiny bit (Still cheaper to direct import...) Probably drop a little more in a week or two assuming the yen stays weak.

Also, they do include a compact worldwide travel adaptor (90-250Volts swappable USA, UK, Europe pins), warranty, some support, english conversion done for you.

We are VAT Registered, so if it is a business purchase (try convincing your boss if you have to) then the VAT is reclaimable.

Regards,

Sales
ShirtPocket Ltd.
www.shirtpocket.co.uk
Anonymous
Forgot to add, we usually try to keep some in stock.

Sales
ShirtPocket Ltd.
www.shirtpocket.co.uk
farhadr
Hi there,

I was accepted as a zaurus developer by sharp. I want to know how can I buy a zaurus SL5600 with discount?

Thanks,
Farhad Foxdie,
Foxdie
Hi there,  

I was accepted as a zaurus developer by sharp. I want to know how can I buy a zaurus SL5600 with discount?

Thanks,
Farhad Foxdie,

Huh? Me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.