Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KPhone/Pi available
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
zautrix
Hi,

I hacked KPhone to make it running on the Zaurus without the Qt3 lib.

And (hopefully) all dialogs should fit on the screen of a 7x0/5x00.

I added a howto, please read menu Help-HowTo use.

To run KPhone/Pi you need the KPhone ipk and , if you do not have installed openssl , the openssl ipk.

KPhone/Pi ipk :
http://www.pi-sync.net/daunlood/latest/kph...i_0.9.5_arm.ipk
KPhone/Pi sources :
http://www.pi-sync.net/daunlood/latest/kphone_pi095.tar.gz

Known bugs:
After exiting KPhone/Pi , the icon in the control-bar will not disappear.

Please report bugs here.
Note that this is a beta version.

I did tested it only once , because I am missing a headset for my Zaurus.
I will buy a headset soon...
But it should work well.

What is KPhone/Pi?

KPhone/Pi is a 'Voice Over Internet' phone
which uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
SIP services are something like index or catalogue services
which are mapping a UserID to a real telephone number
or to the IP address of the client.
Such services are available as Open Source.

There are provider, which offer such SIP services
and offer telephone calls to the phone net
via an "IP to telephone gateway".
To use these services, you need a hardware IP telephone
or a softphone like KPhone/Pi.

z.
Hrw
Added to OpenEmbedded. Source mirrored on my website.
Teletubbie
Hi Hrw,
since you are a capacity within the openembedded scene it would be very nice to open your website also for english speekers. I am also interessted in your 3.5.1 Image for testing.
Cheers,
Sam
zautrix
QUOTE(Hrw @ Jul 21 2004, 11:09 PM)
Added to OpenEmbedded. Source mirrored on my website.

New version is much better.

Unfortunately, it does not work on the 5500 yet.
The 5500 sound interface needs some special settings, I do not know.
I hope, I will know them soon ....

But on the 7x0 , KPhone/Pi now works quite nice.

KPhone/Pi ipk :
http://www.pi-sync.net/daunlood/latest/kph...i_0.9.6_arm.ipk
KPhone/Pi sources :
http://www.pi-sync.net/daunlood/latest/kphone_pi096.tar.gz
Hrw
About my website.. I don't have time to maintain it. I was thinking about more English parts but this needs time which I prefer to spend on OE.

About KPhone 0.9.6 - can You put source archives on KDEPIM/PI SF projects files zone? It will allow everyone to easy get it. I will try to build it later.
zenyatta
Zautrix: regarding headsets: if you have a pair of decent earphones you may be able to use them as a microphone as well - simply talk into them. I verified it, works like a charm. In fact, the recording quality is so good I've scratched my plans for a headset.

z.
mandjab
ph34r.gif

Hello how can i do to create an account on this german site ? it's not very easy to understand for a poor french like me.

Thank's
cs_jacky
Hi,

Any one tested it with GPRS? I have an account in www.freeworlddialup.com. But I just hear some noise with the echo test when I connect to it with GPRS.

If I tested it with Wifi, it works fine. The problem seems caused by low brandwidth. However, from some documentation on the Internet, some codecs such as GSM consumes only 12 - 15 kbit per second. My GPRS is 40 kbit per second. There should be enough brandwidth. Am I missed anything unsure.gif (such as configuration)? Thanks.

Jacky
tumnus
I've read that FreeWorldDialup's echo test doesn't always work. Is there any other free SIP echo test site anywhere? It would be interesting to hear how well this works with a 5600 or 6000 with a builtin mic and speaker.
cs_jacky
QUOTE(cs_jacky @ Jul 22 2004, 09:45 PM)
Hi,

Any one tested it with GPRS? I have an account in www.freeworlddialup.com. But I just hear some noise with the echo test when I connect to it with GPRS.

If I tested it with Wifi, it works fine. The problem seems caused by low brandwidth. However, from some documentation on the Internet, some codecs such as GSM consumes only 12 - 15 kbit per second. My GPRS is 40 kbit per second. There should be enough brandwidth. Am I missed anything unsure.gif (such as configuration)?  Thanks.

Jacky

I seems that nobody ever used SIP with GPRS in this forum. sad.gif
coolass
Iv'e used thekompant phone with a sprint card and now I'm fiddling around with ZiaxPhone and Kphone....hopefully one of them will work cool.gif
zautrix
Hi!

I fixed a lot of ugly bugs.

You will get new version 0.9.7 from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=125452

It is now working on a 5500 as well! :-)
To run it on a 5500 you will need a Sharp-3.1-Rom based Rom or OZ 3.3.5 kernel.

Info:
A TimeTracking app is now available as well there:

KTimeTracker/Pi
is a Time Tracking Software, which can be compiled for
Windows
Linux Desktop
Zaurus Qtopia

No libraries of the KDE-Pim/Pi environment are needed to run KTimeTracker/Pi.

KTimeTracker/Pi is based on PTimeTracker 1.7.2
by
Sylvia Wong - s.wong at auckland.ac.nz
Happy - ljm at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Hrw
KPhone updated in OpenEmbedded
KTimeTracker added
arniel
Hi,
Just installed kphone on my SL5500, OZ3.2 PDA. The headphone seems to come alive when I place a call (click followed by quiet pink noise from headphone), but there appears to be no communication (according to inetflash), and the call drops after a few seconds.
Could this be an effect of the kernel being the standard 3.2 release?
zautrix
QUOTE(arniel @ Aug 6 2004, 02:48 PM)
Could this be an effect of the kernel being the standard 3.2 release?

Yes.
Reaper
Some of us (like me wink.gif) are in dire need of plain GSM dialer for GSM/GPRS modems. So, if anyone is able to find and compile it - please do that and we'll be very grateful! smile.gif
bryguy
I couldn't get kphone to work. I could hear the lady on the echo test (FWD) but I couldn't speak. In the terminal, it said something like /dev/dsp device in use. Any suggestions?
cs_jacky
QUOTE(bryguy @ Aug 12 2004, 12:21 PM)
I couldn't get kphone to work. I could hear the lady on the echo test (FWD) but I couldn't speak. In the terminal, it said something like /dev/dsp device in use. Any suggestions?

KPhone can pass echo test (613 in FWD). Please check your audio preference -> device. Make sure the OSS Device Mode is ReadWrite.
bryguy
Ok, I got it. I was using /dev/dsp fo both when I was should have used /dev/dsp1 for one of them
xamindar
Hey, this looks interesting so I'm trying it out. But I am having some trouble configuring kphone.

I registered at freeworlddialup.com but I can't find anywhere on the site that tells me what settings to use (SIP URL, outbound proxy, and such). Can anyone help me out here? I'm a complete newbie to this phone thing.
zautrix
QUOTE(xamindar @ Aug 16 2004, 09:09 AM)
Hey, this looks interesting so I'm trying it out. But I am having some trouble configuring kphone.

I registered at freeworlddialup.com but I can't find anywhere on the site that tells me what settings to use (SIP URL, outbound proxy, and such). Can anyone help me out here? I'm a complete newbie to this phone thing.

What about
Support/FAQ
Configuration Guide
KPhone Linux
?

Why is it difficult to find that?

z.
xamindar
whao...That was a fast reply. Thanks.

There it is. It just seems like they should list the settings in a more easy to access place. Anyway, one more question...Is it possible to call normal phonse with this (freeworlddialup) or do I need to pay for that option?
zautrix
QUOTE(xamindar @ Aug 16 2004, 10:19 AM)
whao...That was a fast reply.  Thanks.

There it is.  It just seems like they should list the settings in a more easy to access place.  Anyway, one more question...Is it possible to call normal phonse with this (freeworlddialup) or do I need to pay for that option?

One more question from me:

Why you do not read the FAQ there?

z.
xamindar
QUOTE(zautrix @ Aug 16 2004, 01:48 AM)

z.

If you are going to be so rude then don't bother replying to my questions then......sheesh!

I did read the FAQ: (go to iConnectHere to sign up for their service.)
Just thought I would ask here in case you or anyone else new of a free service to call normal phones before I sign up for a pay service.
zautrix
QUOTE(xamindar @ Aug 16 2004, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE(zautrix @ Aug 16 2004, 01:48 AM)

z.

If you are going to be so rude then don't bother replying to my questions then......sheesh!

I did read the FAQ: (go to iConnectHere to sign up for their service.)
Just thought I would ask here in case you or anyone else new of a free service to call normal phones before I sign up for a pay service.

Ok, next question:
Why you do not remember, what you did write in your last posting?

Is it possible to call normal phonse with this (freeworlddialup) or do I need to pay for that option?

You did not ask for a free service to call normal phones ( by the way, what are you dreaming at night? ), you did ask if freeworlddialup is supporting it.

And I am not rude, I am only interested why you do ask such stupid questions.

z.
devster
Anyone know if KPhone work on a standard sharp rom C3000?
cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.