Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: kmail / kitchensync status?
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
nianderson
anyone know if there is a package of kitchensync that runs on the cacko rom? and also anyone know the status of the kmail port think its called kopie mail?
acpkendo
I don't think kitchensync is going to ever run on the Z. . . its purpose is to sync info from KDE apps (korganizer and kab at least, I'm not sure what it supports as it's not in Debian testing yet) to the Z and back.

Additionally, I asked Zautrix about porting some other KDE apps (knotes particularly) Platform-Independent, but he said there's a lot of X-Windows-specific code in them, and that they likely wouldn't be ported. I can imagine this problem would be even worse for something like kitchensync.

I believe kopiemail will be included in the next release of KDEPIM-PI.
zautrix
QUOTE(nianderson @ Aug 26 2004, 11:40 PM)
anyone know if there is a package of kitchensync that runs on the cacko rom? and also anyone know the status of the kmail port think its called kopie mail?

Once again:

OM/Pi is not a port of KMail.

It is based on Opie Mail v3.

And actually, I just released version 1.9.4 of KDE-Pim/Pi...

z.
nianderson
so if its doubtful that kitchensync will be workign with these apps whats the best way for me to sync with my kde desktop?
acpkendo
My understanding is that on the kitchensync side, that support is present or forthcoming for the DTM-based apps (i.e. the ones that come with the stock Sharp ROM's). Again, I haven't upgraded to KDE 3.3 yet b/c it hasn't moved into sarge (if you can get it, I'd love to know if it works or not). I don't know if/how kitchensync devel's would add support for KDEPIM/PI, although one would think it would be a LOT easier than getting the DTM format to work.

Otherwise, you can sync ical/vcard files directly from KO/Pi and KA/Pi. There are a number of resources telling you how to do this, please RTM. Also, I believe there's an app for KDE called ksync, which allows you to sync ical/vcard files (regardless of what app they belong to). If you can set up a TCP/IP connection btw. the Z and the desktop (ssh is a good choice), you should be able to set up a sync'ing "pair" between the ical files on the Z and PC, respectively (ditto .vcf files for KA/Pi and kaddressbook).

I may have time to tinker with this this weekend to see if it works. . .
TonyOlsen
I encountered an Error 39 Initializing Folder error when using K Opie Mail. I wrote more about it on this post <here> . Does anyone know what the problem/solution is? Has anyone else encountered this (or a similar) problem?

Thanks in advance! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.