Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Console Access on SL-C860
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > General Discussion
dfrisby
Can anybody tell me how to get to the console on the 860 without starting Qtopia like I could do on my old 5500 by pressing the "/" key while booting..
There doesn't seem to be such an option on the 860, just a couple of startup screens. I tries pressing "/", but no joy.
There is also no "Exit Qtopia" option like the 5500?
I'm running standard Sharp Japanese ROM with the locale changed to "en"
Thanks
stupkid
You should be able to get to a console by pressing the ? key during the "Wait" countdown before Qtopia starts

Hope this helps.
stupkid
You should be able to get to a console by pressing the ? key during the "Wait" countdown before Qtopia starts

Hope this helps.
dfrisby
Nope, no luck
I don't have a countdown, just 2 splash screens, one white with a Japanese message saying wait, then a second with the CG Silicon Logo and Zaurus Logo saying wait 1 minute (in Japanese also), then Qtopia starts
I tried "?", shift-"?" FN-"?"
Any other ideas - is this because I'm using the std Sharp ROM?
stupkid
Doh! Yes, Cacko has a wait count down before starting Qtopia where you can get a console. The Default Sharp ROM does not have this on the clamshells as I recall. Sorry. sad.gif
zepheir
You can download embedded console and install it on your Zaurus.

http://sourceforge.jp/projects/zaurus-ja
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.