Okay we are currently drowning in people who are cross posting and asking questions in completely "wrong" threads which are not related to the subjects etc. So I have put together some small guidelines/”rules” for using the pdaXrom part of ZUG forum. This is not because I want to control everything but I want to make it as easy as possible for everybody to find what they are looking for.
1. Always first check that you question isn’t already answered in the FAQ on http://www.pdaXrom.org
2. Search the forums by using the above search function and see if someone already haven’t posted something about “your topic” – its better to “reopen” and old thread than to have 5 different about the same.
3. If you reading a thread and you all of the sudden have a question that you think some of the people writing in the thread could answer – consider if your question is directly related to the thread/discussion – if not the check point 1 and 2 – if you didn’t find the answers there, then make a new thread. Most people read all the new threads so you question will most likely be answered.
4. Use good “topic titles” and “topic descriptions” – they make it easier for other users to quickly see if there are any threads that they can help with/are interested in.
5. Avoid asking too many unrelated questions in one thread. Better to make two and for each thread follow these guidelines.
6. If you ask a question and get a good answer, related to pdaXrom :-), please feel free to PM me, that way we can add it to the FAQ on http://www.pdaXrom.org – thereby you solution might also help other users.
7. Please use the formatting for code and quote when posting – it makes reading a lot easier.
8. When posting please always state what Zaurus and ROM version your running/having problems with etc. If you have it in your “signature” please keep it updated and also keep in mind that when you change it all old posts are also updated with you new signature so that might “confuse” people when reading old posts.
9. Always try to help out with you experience and problems - you don’t have to post with problems only, feel free to post if you have come up with a genius way to make something work better, run faster etc.
10. Before asking question why something doesn’t work or why something is working “wrong” please check the buglist on http://www.pdaXrom.org – if your problem/bug is “global”, and not just a request for somebody to port your favourite game ;-), then please post a bug report and feel free to post a thread too with a description and maybe a link to the bugreport. That way we avoid double bugreports and at the same time some of the users might come up with a solution.
11. Always check the pinned subjects for most recent information and updates.
12. Remember to donate to ZUG or/and click their banners – they need you support as much as the pdaXrom project.
13. If you have found the way to make stone into pure gold don’t post directly – just PM me with the info :-)´
14. If your posting problems with flashing or running programs write your zaurus type, pdaXrom version, etc. With problems running programs please run from terminal and post output from commandline.