Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashing a SL-5500
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > General Discussion
scarab
Is it true that you can only flash a SL-5500 with a CF card? Or can you flash using an SD card?
gretchen
For the 5500 it has to be a CF card.
scarab
thanks for the info... i've only got a 512mb SD card. looks like i need to buy a small CF card to flash with.

one more thing, which is the most popular ROM for the 5500?
rgzu
Flash memory is so cheap now, that they are practically giving it away so no excuse really not to get a small CF card (or even a large one for that matter! biggrin.gif)
dtwilson
Scarab,

Yes you will need a CF card for flashing with SL5500 - I made the exact same mistake as you with mine - but like yer man says, CF cards are cheap now smile.gif

As for choice of Rom - I have only tried a few, namely Sharp, OpenZaurus and TheKompany

TheKompany rom is my favourite so far as all my accessories worked straight out of the box with this, including getting my aircable paired with my SonyEriccson z600 phone for GPRS connectivity biggrin.gif

HTH,
Dtwilson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.