Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrading Rom on 5500 - big fingers
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > General Discussion
Confuzzled
Have downloaded the latest rom from myzaurus.com, copied the files to a CF card...and have tried the C/D and reset combo...and I get nuttin...nada..zilch....

Am not having the greatest luck in holding those two keys down at the same time while pushing the reset, which may be most of the problem. When I press the C & D keys, I get a rapid tick tick tick sound....then when I hit the reset it goes quiet, lights go out, and just the yellow of the charging light goes on. NO green on the mail light (Course, I'm not entirely sure that light actually works because this is a second hand)....

What am I doing wrong? *l* Aside from having fingers that tend to hit four keys instead of the two intended keys.....

Am afraid of killing it by trying this too many times.....

Do I need to do this while the zaurus is turned off? DO I need to tell it to look for the CF card before hand (if so, how)..... ph34r.gif
Mahoro
Do you have a stylus? blink.gif

I use the battery lid to press it.
algernon7
You definitely want to shut 'er down first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.