I have been looking for a PDA to replace my broken Clie, I have an opportunity to buy the latest Sharp SLC3000 or the C860. I'm more interested in the SLC3000 because of the greater storage capacity and the included dictionaries (I'm in Japan).
My questions are :
1. Can I copy my 640x480 videos (around 170mb in size) and play them on the SLC3000? I enjoy watching animes (Naruto), would be fun to watch them on the PDA.
2. I really want to use this PDA especially for learning Japanese, is the SLC3000 good/responsive enough to be an electronic dictionary? I assume it can playback words in Japanese/English?
3. I suppose playing MP3s should be no problem right? What about WAV, WMA and AAC? I prefer to playback WAV so the 3++ GB of storage will come in handy. Can it record audio?
4. Is there an equivalent BEJEWEL (my all time favourite game on the Clie) on the Sharp? How are games on the Sharp anyway?
5. How does it view MS Office documents? Any problems?
6. Does the Sharp come with a photo manager software to manage a collection of pictures?
7. What is the main difference between the SLC3000 and the C860 in terms of the OS and pre-installed software? The SLC3000 is about 30,000 yen (280 USD) more expensive than the C860. Surely that difference can't be because of the 4GB extra storage can it?
I used to own a Sharp handheld PC from years back, tried desperately to revive it but it was way too old (could barely play MP3s). Now, I'm going to try again with this one if I can get the above questions answered.
I've been considering everything from buying a micro notebook from Sony, PPC or another Clie. Was even thinking about the Sony PSP (heard that it will allow developers to develop PIM type software for it). Started looking at the Zarus today as well as reading everything I could find on the new SLC3000, I was hooked. Seems like what I needed to compliment my fat notebook (which I do not wish to carry around anymore).
Anyway, hope you can help!
Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu!!!