Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurus halloween project
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > General Discussion
jfv
This Halloween I decided to do a little fun project with my Zaurus. I got a kid's face mask, a pair of small speakers and the Zaurus. I covered the mask in aluminum foil to make a robot face and put the speakers inside and connected them to the Zaurus. My daughter and I wrote a few spooky sentences for the robot to say and I wrote a tcl script to pick the sentences at random and pass them to the flite speech synthesis program at random intervals. Thus I got my little spooky robot. We had a block party before the kids went trick or treating and the robot debuted there. It worked fine but in the middle of the party the sound got drowned out by the party noise, but once in a while somebody would come by and enjoy. It was going to be a zombie but my daughter said that the flite voice was only good for a robot.

Web page with the script and pictures.
dz
Haha, by far one of the more 'creative' uses the Zaurus has seen smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.