Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5500/5600/6000
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > General Discussion
mimsmall
I have been searching on the forums and haven't come across an answer for my situation. I've decided on a Zaurus PDA . I removed Pocket PC and slimline from consideration.

I want to connect to wifi hot spots when available and connect through my bluetooth enabled cell phone when a hotspot is not available.

Will I need a CF card w/bluetooth modem and a CF wifi card. Can I expect them to work 'out of the box' ? Will I need to modify the OS?

The software that comes standard will be sufficient for my purposes as far as word processing and record keeping are concerned.

Buying the peripherals I need is not a problem.
acpkendo
Wi-fi works great. I use a SanDisk Connect card, and I've had no problems with either the Sharp ROM or the alternate OpenZaurus ROM.

I've heard of many people using BT via their cellphones. I use Verizon, and currently use a cable btw. them. That works great too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.