Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ann: update to EDICT, KANJIDIC, examples
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
halx
Hello everybody,

I'd like to announce once again updates to my conversions of some dictionaries to EPWING format .

KANJIDIC:
* new Spanish version!
* some minor changes in English and German versions (resulting in smaller sizes again)

EDICT:
* new French and Russian (though quite small) versions!
* dictionaries also searchable via Romaji keys.

Examples:
* converted kanji to kana for output and search keys (automatically, so be careful!)

(See ChangeLog for more detailed information)
Murahachibu
Halx,

I finally downloaded your 77MB ENAMDICT, but I'm waiting to get a new CF card before I can install. I just wanted to say thanks for all of your work here. I'm excited at all the dictionary files that are becoming available for ZTEN.

Cheers,

Murahachibu
jagrka
Halx,

All of your hard work on converting these dictionaries to EPWING for the zten is greatly appreciated!
Any chance that you might convert wikipedia to EPWING for zten? I currently use ZBEdic, but would love to see it on zten.

See http://www.oesf.org/forums/inde...?showtopic=5027
halx
QUOTE(jagrka @ Nov 11 2004, 09:22 AM)
Any chance that you might convert wikipedia to EPWING for zten?

Well, I think that wikipedia might require quite some time to convert. And propably the EPWING format is not necessarily the best choice (remember it's restricted by EUC-JP encoding).
halx
Some more interesting news:

Chris Kerr created another conversion of KanjiDic with a nice thesarus function. The dic is also hosted on Jim Breen's site.

He uses a Windows programm called EBStudio (Japanese!) obviously with some more functionality than FreePWING. Basically you create a HTML file (but other formats like PDIC or plain text are also supported) and feed it to the program.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.