Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QTopia Sync Specification
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Qt/Qtopia
Elleomea
Can anyone point me in the direction of any documentation relating to the Zaurus' synchronisation methods? I'd like to write Zaurus support in to a podcast program I'm working on; virtually everything I've come across so far seems to have been just aimed at designing programs to run on a Zaurus, rather than to work with a Zaurus from a separate machine via the sync functions.

Cheers,
Mike.
Elleomea
Ah, it appears that information isn't actually released by Sharp; For anyone else's reference I've come across the Zaurus Synchronization Reverse Engineering Project which could prove useful.
lpotter
What exactly do you mean by sync specification?
Elleomea
The protocol used for synchronising data between the Zaurus and QTopia Desktop, but I've decided to do what I was planning in a different manner now, that'll work across more third party ROMs; so it's not really important.
lpotter
The 'protocol' used on later Sharp rom is samba, all others use ftp.

I am sure the methods (the signals from Qtopia Desktop and from the device) used to sync are quite similiar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.