Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *BUMP*
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Regional User Groups > Europe User Groups > UK
Pages: 1, 2
Foxdie
Just wanna see who is actively monitoring the UK ZUG part of this forum smile.gif
iamasmith
Not actively monitoring but I spotted it from New Posts.

I'm in London.

- Andy
tumnus
QUOTE(iamasmith @ Nov 13 2004, 11:52 PM)
Not actively monitoring but I spotted it from New Posts.

Same here.

Still in Coventry....
anonuk
Im in london... for the moment....
w14
In Berkhamsted.
Optogeek
Like above. Saw this in new posts.

In Edinburgh using c860 to post wink.gif
TimW

I'm in London.
charlie
I monitor new posts although as I am supposed to be the moderator I do have a proper look every now and then.

I'm in Cumbria. The kitty seems to iritate people.

Chas
zbones
Still here,
I only monitor it through new posts as the traffic is usually very low.

Peter.
chapster
Humm, bit late here I guess.

I'm in Bristol and had my SL6K for 2 days. Itching to flash with OZ GPE.
dahukanna
Haven't been in a while but check this out occasionally. West sussex and had 860 since Jan 04. Dawn.
Foxdie
Glad to hear people present smile.gif
marshmn
I'm in Watford.

Don't have a Z yet, though probably will buy an 860 in the new year... just a
pity it doesn't have WiFi & bluetooth... just my luck they will bring out a clamshell
model with those as soon as I've bought the 860!

Matt

--
matt@mattmarsh.net
http://www.mattmarsh.net/
swing
Oops, missed this post smile.gif

Mainly monitoring via New posts.

Steve in Herts / Beds area

SL-5500, WiFi Card, 256Mb SD Card and way too many other PDAs...
jp40
Monitor list from Up here in Aberdeen

Zaurus C760 - 1Gb sd, 256Mb CF, Wireless, Bluetooth.....
marshmn
QUOTE(marshmn @ Dec 16 2004, 01:37 PM)
I'm in Watford.

Don't have a Z yet, though probably will buy an 860 in the new year... just a
pity it doesn't have WiFi & bluetooth... just my luck they will bring out a clamshell
model with those as soon as I've bought the 860!

Well I finally took the plunge and ordered an 860 with plethora of accessories today! Yipee!

Now I finally have a right to be on these forums smile.gif

Matt
lardman
Okay, I'm late ;-)

I'm in Bath.

Si
craigtyson
QUOTE(charlie @ Nov 15 2004, 12:48 PM)
I monitor new posts although as I am supposed to be the moderator I do have a proper look every now and then.

I'm in Cumbria.  The kitty seems to iritate people.

Chas

Ha Ha That makes Two Charlies from Cumbria then..... Though Iv become alergic to sheep and so had to move down to London. t' think uz is gan n bowt yan a them zarus PDAs an all eh.
padishah_emperor
I'm late too, I'm a Yopy user now, and still in York ;-)
adax
I'm lurking around the new posts to see what comes up. ph34r.gif
me, i'm in Sheffield.
speculatrix
Just ordered my first ever Z despite lusting after one since the 5000 was announced, the Yopy and others, including considered converting an Ipaq. But now I've got an 860 on the way (I hope!).

About me
Job: software engineer for telco/ISP
Other hobbies: none, spent all my time reading OESF forums whilst waiting for my Z; also known to enjoy motorbikes.
collywobbles
C3000 arrived from Trisoft on Thursday last week. Having great fun. I can't believe how great the quality of Opera is for browsing websites (got wireless working straightaway with a d-link CF card). Can't wait to get my teeth into some coding/development on my little Z. Also looking forward to iamasmith's new Rom, should be good.

Cheers
Collywobbles aka Russell (in Durham)
danr
I'm living in Bristol and own a 5500 and 860. I enjoy attempting to compile stuff natively on the 860 for pdaXrom. Some things actually compile, too.

Dan
cwaig
Living down in Brighton, got an SL5500 and an SL6000. Lovely for pier2pier.net smile.gif
darac
Hi. I didn't know you COULD monitor forums/subforums until this post. Thanks for the tip smile.gif

I'm still here. Just bought myself a Symbol Wireless Networker CF Wifi card and am seeing just what sorts of things I can do with it. smile.gif
speculatrix
I would have thought there'd be more zaurians in the UK than showed up here... are there really less than a hundred of us?

Seems we're too widely dispersed to have some sort of meet-up/party.

Does anyone go to any of the larger computer shows in London? That'd probably be the best chance to have a big meeting.
Rev.Tigger
I am in south Staffs with a collie OZ 3.5.3 and a load of things I have not got working yet :)

Only just found this part of the forum :)
adax
welcome, join me in the lurking... ph34r.gif
or even post!

oh, eurovision rocks.
well, it does when you can read the forum while listening to terry wogan.
tongue.gif
thank god for zaurus and cf-wifi cards.

p.s.
first mention of terry wogan in the forum?
oninitdialog
I'm here in Blackpool with a SL5500 and I am just modifying a universal car PDA holder to include a Sharp IO connector so I can use my external RS232 GPS receiver.
Rev.Tigger
QUOTE(adax @ May 21 2005, 09:50 PM)
oh, eurovision rocks.
well, it does when you can read the forum while listening to terry wogan.
tongue.gif
thank god for zaurus and cf-wifi cards.

No TV here (bliss) but today I have finally got my wifi working under OZ... something that I have wasted far too much time on.

All I needed to do was put s: in fornt of my wep key...

Now for the bluetooth gprs connection smile.gif
speculatrix
A Z rocks even more when you go on holiday, your wife frowns as you mutter something about taking a laptop computer! Even better, when you discover on holiday someone nearby is running an open wireless acccess point and you get free internet access*.

* when using any wireless access point, with security or none ('cos everyone can see your traffic whose connected)
- delete all cookies before starting web browser
- ensure only use secure pop3 or secure imap for email
- only use https sites for logging in

Paul
Rev.Tigger
Oh yes smile.gif

Now if I can get this bluetooth card working I will be able to hook it up to my phone and reboot my servers from the pub, which is the object of the exercise smile.gif

After that I need to get my GPS working...
Rev.Tigger
So is there anyone else alive in ZUG UK?
speculatrix
Yup. well, me at least, I'm monitoring this forum.

Still wondering when there can be a UK zug meeting... october this year maybe:
http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.uk/
charlie
Still here as well.

Chas
eekee
Allo, new user here. I'm another one from down south, West Sussex to be roughly exact, & am currently tinkering with a 5500.
lardman
So is there anyone else alive in ZUG UK?

Not sure alive is the right word - still trying to recover from the start of the working week wink.gif

Si
macwiz
Me here too

(Oxfordshire)

I didn't know you could monitor particular forums either...
Traps
Here in Wiltshire with a sick C3100. OpenBSD install gone bad. sad.gif
schadfield
I am living in Sunny Swindon.

This is my second attempt at using an SL5500 as my main PDA. I miss being able to easily hotsync with Solaris (work) and Linux (home) like I could with my Visor Pro.

There are compensations however - like using vpnc to connect to my company's Cisco Concentrator to check email when travelling...
speculatrix
QUOTE(schadfield @ Aug 9 2005, 10:22 PM)
There are compensations however - like using vpnc to connect to my company's Cisco Concentrator to check email when travelling...

Ah, that is very interesting. I came across the vpnc yesterday and I wondered if it would work with my employer's cisco vpn concentrator... I will definitely have a play with that!
schadfield
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Aug 10 2005, 07:39 AM)
Ah, that is very interesting. I came across the vpnc yesterday and I wondered if it would work with my employer's cisco vpn concentrator... I will definitely have a play with that!

I made some notes about setting up vpnc here:

http://www.chadfield.com/zaurus.html
speculatrix
by the way, I have an audiovox GSM/GPRS compact flash card and have had reasonable success connecting to net via virgin. will post the config files if anyone wants them.
oztrich
Live in Northwich, hail from Sheffield. Relatively new to the forums, but I'm on my 4th Zaurus - a shiny new 3100, after owning and selling 5500, 6000 & C860.

Still don't know how to use it though.... wink.gif
speculatrix
QUOTE(oztrich @ Sep 6 2005, 11:29 AM)
I'm on my 4th Zaurus - a shiny new 3100, after owning and selling 5500, 6000 & C860.
Still don't know how to use it though....  wink.gif

that's no problem, send it to me, I'll learn how to use it for you and bring it back in say 6 months and show you how.
oztrich
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Sep 6 2005, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE(oztrich @ Sep 6 2005, 11:29 AM)
I'm on my 4th Zaurus - a shiny new 3100, after owning and selling 5500, 6000 & C860.
Still don't know how to use it though....   wink.gif

that's no problem, send it to me, I'll learn how to use it for you and bring it back in say 6 months and show you how.

That's a really kind offer, I'll think about it and let you know. biggrin.gif
chiark
Another new to Z UK user here smile.gif, in Leeds with an SL-5500 and myriad other PDAs from Psion Organiser II upwards biggrin.gif . Currently have cash sitting in my paypal account, and am looking covetously at a SL-C3100 but have nagging doubts that sharp'll release a new version RSN with larger screen and wifi...
lardman
I'm looking longingly at the Nokia 770....

Si
chiark
Looks like a Samsung Nexio... 5" 800x480 screen in a decent form factor. Hope it gives good battery life - the nexio didn't...
speculatrix
QUOTE(chiark @ Sep 8 2005, 01:36 PM)
looking covetously at a SL-C3100 but have nagging doubts that sharp'll release a new version RSN with larger screen and wifi...

I bought an 860 having considered a 3000 and a 1000. between placing the order and it arriving, the 3100 was announced.
I did think it didn't matter too much, because 2GB and bigger SD cards were emerging at the time, so the internal 4GB storage wasn't an issue... but now I've heard they don't work..

so now I'm comtemplating upgrading, but holding back until either a bluetooth/wireless version of the 3100 comes out, or "we" crack the problem of putting bluetooth inside the 3x00/1000 case (see their hardware forums).

we're all dreamers, here at OESF, the current device is never quite good enough, is it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.