Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error While Flashing Pdaxrom Rc5
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
totaln00b
Hi all,

I have just taken the plunge and tried to install pdaxrom rather than cacko on my 750. I followed the instructions, setting the root partition size, formatting it etc, and got to the installing new rom part. It did the stuff with the kernel, then got about 72percent of the way through flashing the file system and I got an error telling me that there was a "ro file system error while flashing" and it rebooted. It then appeared to load up pdaxrom, in that I got a login prompt etc and the gui appeared to load, but I'm a bit concerned about that error message. It didn't happen just once, but several times. Elsewhere I read that I should have had the option to reconfigure the screen but that never happened.

So, what can I do to check that everything is working as it should be, or how can I fix it if it's not?

Thanks

Jo
cs_jacky
It seems that your root partitions size is too small. What is your root partition size? Try to use all flash memory to be your root.
totaln00b
cs_jacky,

I wondered about that, but followed the instructions on the pdaxrom site that said 30Mb for a 750. Other places said 50mb, but I thought that was just for the 760 or 850.

Thanx

Jo
xiaman
try the 50 mb
that worked for me
scoutme
yes, I remember 34/37 MB was the minimum partition size for rc5.
totaln00b
(Hangs head in shame)

OK, when I actually read the instructions on the pdaxrom site, I noticed that they were for quite an old version of the rom. So I tried a bigger partition and everything worked fine.

Thanks!

Jo
Antikx
QUOTE(totaln00b @ Dec 5 2004, 06:22 PM)
Hi all,

I have just taken the plunge and tried to install pdaxrom rather than cacko on my 750. I followed the instructions, setting the root partition size, formatting it etc, and got to the installing new rom part. It did the stuff with the kernel, then got about 72percent of the way through flashing the file system and I got an error telling me that there was a "ro file system error while flashing" and it rebooted. It then appeared to load up pdaxrom, in that I got a login prompt etc and the gui appeared to load, but I'm a bit concerned about that error message. It didn't happen just once, but several times. Elsewhere I read that I should have had the option to reconfigure the screen but that never happened.

So, what can I do to check that everything is working as it should be, or how can I fix it if it's not?

Thanks

Jo

I was trying to flash to pdaXrom about a week ago and was having the exact problem above. I tried a bunch of differnet sizes of partitions but to no avail. sad.gif
Sorry, but am I missing something obvious?

Any advise, anyone?
ZDevil
Have you tried setting root partition to the maximal size? I've flashed several times with this setting and there's been no issue at all. smile.gif
Antikx
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Dec 17 2005, 06:06 PM)
Have you tried setting root partition to the maximal size?  I've flashed several times with this setting and there's been no issue at all. smile.gif

Thanks for the reply.
Ya. If I remember correctly it was just shy of 128MB.
I tried the recommended size first, and kept going up till I hit the Max.
Antikx
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any suggestions?
Would you like more info from me?

I would like to try pdaXrom while still on holidays.
pgas
I use the default 53/68 scheme.
Fo > 64 you need to apply the fix.

Did you check the md5sums, perhaps the file you have downloaded is corrupted ?
Antikx
QUOTE(pgas @ Dec 28 2005, 02:40 PM)
I use the default 53/68 scheme.
Fo > 64 you need to apply the fix.

Did you check the md5sums, perhaps the file  you have downloaded is corrupted ?

Thanks for the tips. I didn't check the MD5sums but that's a good idea. I'll do that.
Thanks.
Antikx
Funny thing happened. (funny groan, not funny ha haa) I tried to flash the new pdaXrom beta3 and came up with the same problem. Beta 1 has flashed fine twice for me ( and now a third time after my beta3 failure) but Beta 3 stops at 73% and then gives the error: ro file system error while flashing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.