Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extract 4gb Microdrive From C3000?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
Neverwinter
Ok, I wasn't sure if my curiosity was answered well enough in other threadsd, that is why I am posting now. Has anyone tried extracting the 4GB MD and placing something else in? Like a 4GB CF Card? Is that possible? Is it feasible? And if it is all possible, then how much battery life could I save if I did this exchange? Would it void my Sharp warranty? Will the device still work the same?
bam
yes, its been done, just search the forums. Someone did it with a 2Gb cf card
T-RuX
or a other microdrive with more space... and use the 4gb of the zaurus in the other cf slot biggrin.gif
Da_Blitz
its easy to pull out and replace, i had to do it the other day to install OZ/GPE manually (stupid 20MB CF card not bieng big enogh)
freizugheit
I have reported how to extract 4GB CF from MuVo Player at
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2185&st=15
Meanie
just note that opening up your Zaurus to replace the microdrive will void your warranty. i was planning to do that just before my c3000 died, so I am glad i didn't had time to do it yet because my c3000 is getting replaced by sharp japan. had i opened it to replace the internal microdrive with a fast 4GB CF, then sharp would had refused to replace my dead c3000. just something to consider before you go opening up your Zaurus.
but once i get my c3000 replaced, i will probably open it up to replace the internal microdrive with the 4GB CF which is why i bought the cf card in the first place. chances are that the new c3000 won't break for a while so i should not need to replace it again...
Da_Blitz
As far as i can see there is no way for sharp to know if you have opened your Z, there is no stickers or any visable indicators that it has been tampered with smile.gif, just somthing to keep in mind (from someone who opens his Z on a daily basis)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.