Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zroadmap
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Sharp ROMs
Pages: 1, 2
tg
It seems like the latest version of this application is at the following location:

http://roadmap.digitalomaha.net/download.html

However, the arm ipk's there seem to be for familiar and not zaurus rom.
Does anyone know whether version 1.0.8 has been packaged for Sharp roms?
If not, can someone please compile this (ideally this would be a nice addition to Cacko feed but any location with working ipk would be great).
Thanks for any help in finding this.
bolbit
will be interested too :-)
bam
so did anyone find ipk's that work?
bolbit
zroadmap_1.0.1-1_arm.ipk seems to work, but it doesn't recognise the maps ... the maps available on the web site seems to work only with 1.0.8 and above... So where are the "old" map?
I found a zroadmap_1.0.8-r1_arm.ipk on the net, but it is not for the sharp rom... ipkg don't wnat to install it. ??

I don't know if zroadmap is what i need, but it seems to. i 'm trying to have a basic MapInfo equivalent. Any other soft could do that on the Z?
dbowden
QUOTE(bolbit @ Nov 14 2005, 04:17 PM)
zroadmap_1.0.1-1_arm.ipk seems to work, but it doesn't recognise the maps ... the maps available on the web site seems to work only with 1.0.8 and above... So where are the "old" map?
I found a zroadmap_1.0.8-r1_arm.ipk on the net, but it is not for the sharp rom... ipkg don't wnat to install it. ??

I don't know if zroadmap is what i need, but it seems to. i 'm trying to have a basic MapInfo equivalent. Any other soft could do that on the Z?

The .ipk you have is good.
I'm using the next newer version (available here) The old maps used to be available on the http://roadmap.digitalomaha.net site, but they seem to have been removed.

I have the older usdir.rdm.tgz file, and the maps for Michigan and Virginia.

PM me if you want those and we can figure a way to get them to you.

David
gab74
is it possible to have Europe maps on zroadmap ? i'm leaving in ITALY !!!!
bam
I emailed the authors, and offered some "donations" hopefully they can get it compiled for the 5500/1000/3000/3100 z's
loc4me
Is zroadmap the best map/gps program for the Zaurus. I am interested in getting a CF GPS card but if there is not some really good programs to mate it to i might just wait. i have heard of qpegps or something like that. Anyone have any experience with other programs and their maps?
bam
nope mail got returned to sender, alas there is no hope, this sux....bummer
dbowden
Don't give up yet -- The author (Pascal Martin) indicated a desire to see the program running on the Zaurus. He's hasn't responded to email recently, but I don't think that necessarily means he's given up on us.

Also, even if we assume that he has, that doesn't mean there's no hope -- it's an open source project. Just grab the source and compile it for yourself. That's what open source is all about. If there's something you don't like, don't complain... Fix it! I was planning to put together a development environment and do that myself before I saw his post -- I don't see any reason not to continue.

Of course, the fact that I have a 3 week old baby makes time something of an issue, so don't hold your breath waiting for an .ipk from me either smile.gif

David

QUOTE(bam @ Dec 17 2005, 03:51 PM)
nope mail got returned to sender, alas there is no hope, this sux....bummer
dbowden
QUOTE(gab74 @ Dec 16 2005, 10:41 AM)
is it possible to have Europe maps on zroadmap ? i'm leaving in ITALY !!!!

There's some European Roadmap maps here, but I don't know whether those maps work with zRoadmap, as it's older than the current version of Roadmap. Also, note the caution on the website:
Caution: the maps for the non-US portion have been built from the Digital Charts of the World (DCW). The official horizontal accuracy of the DCW is 2040 meters: the resulting maps are therefore unusable for car navigation in their current state.

We're trying to work with the author to get an updated version of Roadmap compiled for the Zaurus. When that happens, those maps should work, but I don't know whether they'll fit your needs.

There are other GPS programs available that will let you make your own maps. The nice thing about Roadmap is that it uses vector maps, so you can keep maps for a large area in memory. If you use graphical maps, you'll just need to have a larger number of smaller maps made. Look at qpeGPS or GpsDrive for that.

David
javahack
I tried to compile roadmap on cross development environment and falied, also tried on my sl-c3100 and missing a header file... if any knows a way, or the full source with QPE code all there, please let me know
tombraider
I'm using the old old 1.0 version successfully on my C1000. Have not tried GPS because I don't have one for my C1000. I do use the old Radio Shack Digitraveler with my SL-5500 old us rdm and odl maps - works great.

I also would be interested in more development on Zroadmap. Can you give a donation link so I can help out and encourage the original developer and any others?

Thanks.

QUOTE(javahack @ Jan 25 2006, 08:56 PM)
I tried to compile roadmap on cross development environment and falied, also tried on my sl-c3100 and missing a header file...  if any knows a way, or the full source with QPE code all there, please let me know
Jon_J
I also have the 1.0 version, but the IPK is actually "zroadmap_1.0_2_arm.ipk"
I can get maps to display of towns in Illinois if I input the correct street address for an address that exists in the database. I downloaded the Illinois package.
I've been reading the documation, and there seem to be 2 additional programs in the i686 linux version. These are:
---------------------------------------
buildmap
A program that takes the US Census Bureau files as input and produces the map files used by roadmap. This application is to be run once on a desktop or beefed-up laptop to prepare the map files and is not needed when using roadmap.

and

buildus
A program that takes a set of roadmap map files and produce a directory file that helps roadmap choose the map(s) to display according to the location or city. This application is to be run once on a desktop or laptop and is not needed when using roadmap.
----------------------------------------
It seems like you have to use these 2 programs to get usable maps with the ability to save/access maps directly from Zroadmap. Otherwise zroadmap only seems to be able to display the current map that was loaded during the street search. These are zoomable, and you can scroll to adjacent towns, but if you try to save it under a different name, the next time you open the new filename, you will be presented with the original location, (which was found in the street search).

Jon
EDIT I'm just using it as a map reader with the ability to zoom. I don't have a GPS.
javahack
QUOTE(tombraider @ Jan 25 2006, 05:31 PM)
I'm using the old old 1.0 version successfully on my C1000.  Have not tried GPS because I don't have one for my C1000.  I do use the old Radio Shack Digitraveler with my SL-5500 old us rdm and odl maps - works great.

I also would be interested in more development on Zroadmap.  Can you give  a donation link so I can help out and encourage the original developer and any others?

Thanks.

I tried to compile roadmap on cross development environment and falied, also tried on my sl-c3100 and missing a header file...  if any knows a way, or the full source with QPE code all there, please let me know

what maps do you have? i would to get all of the maps for the USA, mostly will use colorado as I live there.
tombraider
I only have Florida, North Carolina, Georgia,Tennessee, California and New York, I think.

QUOTE(javahack @ Jan 26 2006, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE(tombraider @ Jan 25 2006, 05:31 PM)
I'm using the old old 1.0 version successfully on my C1000.  Have not tried GPS because I don't have one for my C1000.  I do use the old Radio Shack Digitraveler with my SL-5500 old us rdm and odl maps - works great.

I also would be interested in more development on Zroadmap.  Can you give  a donation link so I can help out and encourage the original developer and any others?

Thanks.

what maps do you have? i would to get all of the maps for the USA, mostly will use colorado as I live there.

ant
Is this a newer version?

http://www.halcyon.com/wturner/zroadmap_1....-r2_armv5te.ipk
dbowden
QUOTE(ant @ Jan 26 2006, 09:34 AM)

I was just looking at that too. It appears to be a version for OpenZaurus. I don't think it'll work under the Sharp ROMs.

David
dbowden
QUOTE(javahack @ Jan 26 2006, 09:22 AM)

I believe all the US maps are currently available here.

David
Jon_J
javahack,
The link that dbowden posted is the same place that I got my Illinois map from. Also make sure you download a file called "usdir.rdm.tgz.gz" (It has "usdir.rdm" inside the archive, which is used as an index file for all the State files). It should be at the bottom of the page where the other files are located.
ant,
I tried that version. It doesn't appear in the install dialog when loaded onto a SD card.
I use Cacko 1.23. I think "armv5te" means it is for pdaXrom, or like dbowden mentioned, it's "a version for OpenZaurus"

I downloaded the "i686 linux version" of "roadmap", not "zroadmap" to get the small utilities I mentioned in my last post:
buildmap & buildus
I tried to install the program onto my other computer, which has "damn small linux" on it. DSL linux won't let me install it, so now I'm downloading an ISO of Debian linux. I download overnight while I'm sleeping. I don't have any linux machines, other than my Zaurus. I want to get the above program installed, so I can try those 2 utilities which I mentioned.

Jon
javahack
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 26 2006, 08:54 AM)
javahack,
The link that dbowden posted is the same place that I got my Illinois map from. Also make sure you download a file called "usdir.rdm.tgz.gz" (It has "usdir.rdm" inside the archive, which is used as an index file for all the State files). It should be at the bottom of the page where the other files are located.
ant,
I tried that version. It doesn't appear in the install dialog when loaded onto a SD card.
I use Cacko 1.23. I think "armv5te" means it is for pdaXrom, or like dbowden mentioned, it's "a version for OpenZaurus"

I downloaded the "i686 linux version" of "roadmap", not "zroadmap" to get the small utilities I mentioned in my last post:
buildmap & buildus
I tried to install the program onto my other computer, which has "damn small linux" on it. DSL linux won't let me install it, so now I'm downloading an ISO of Debian linux. I download overnight while I'm sleeping. I don't have any linux machines, other than my Zaurus. I want to get the above program installed, so I can try those 2 utilities which I mentioned.

Jon

let me know if you get cacko + roadmap working with maps, i am trying again now and post again when i know if it works.
javahack
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 26 2006, 08:54 AM)
javahack,
ant,

buildmap & buildus

Jon

thanks for the help, I got zroadmap_1_0_8 working with the old maps now !!!

cool, now I have qpegps and roadmap working (i like to not stick to only one software solution for the things I do).

Thanks again.
Jon_J
where did you find zroadmap_1_0_8?
all newer versions I see are "roadmap", and not "zroadmap"

Thank you,
Jon
javahack
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 26 2006, 02:54 PM)
where did you find zroadmap_1_0_8?
all newer versions I see are "roadmap", and not "zroadmap"

Thank you,
Jon

sorry i mean roadmap_1_0_2 (zroadmap)

... at some point i want to compile roadmap 1_0_8 or above for the z (QPE and X/GTK)
mbaush
Anyone managed to make it work on CX models ?

I've downloaded :
http://www.halcyon.com/wturner/zroadmap_1....-r2_armv5te.ipk

and I'm getting the following error:

bash-2.05# ipkg install zroadmap_1.0.12-r2_armv5te.ipk

zcat: zroadmap_1.0.12-r2_armv5te.ipk: not in gzip format

zcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
ipkg_install_file: ERROR unpacking control.tar.gz from zroadmap_1.0.12-r2_armv5te.ipk

Anything I'm missing ?
s3ah0kzz
mbaush,
Are you planning to use it for maps for Quebec? (out of curiosity)
tombraider
I have an old version working on my C1000 - it's zroadmap_1.0_2_arm.ipk. I'm attaching it to this message in case you would like to try it. It works with the older maps - don't know if it works with the new ones.

I'm also attaching the old usdir file which is needed to get zroadmap to work with any US maps. I had to name it usdir.rdm.zip in order to upload it to the forum so be SURE to rename it to usdir.rdm before you put it on your Zaurus.

QUOTE(mbaush @ Feb 3 2006, 07:21 PM)
Anyone managed to make it work on CX models ?

Click to view attachment
bam
so this works with cacko and the new maps?
tombraider
When I first installed Cacko on my C1000, I tried various versions of the zroadmap ipk and when I hit on one that worked, I stopped soooo, other ipks may work, but the only one I am SURE works cuz it's working on my C1000 is the one I uploaded above. I also am using the OLD maps because I happened to have them; didn't even KNOW there were NEW maps so I have NOT tried ANY new maps with my setup.

All I do is look up addresses with the zroadmap install I have on the C1000. On my SL-5500, I have qpeGPS installed and use a Digitraveler from Radio Shack (they no longer sell them) with a custom cable which I bought on Ebay from someone and so can use the GPS features on THAT Zaurus.

Zroadmap has an arrow on the screen which tracks your travel when you use it in a car and the names of the roads and intersections pop up on the screen as you pass them....very neat. The only thing I could never get to work with it is the voice. Flite always reads just the first intersection and then never "speaks" again. sad.gif

QUOTE(bam @ Feb 4 2006, 02:01 AM)
so this works with cacko and the new maps?
xjqian
QUOTE(tombraider @ Feb 4 2006, 07:10 PM)
All I do is look up addresses with the zroadmap install I have on the C1000.  On my SL-5500,  I have qpeGPS installed and use a Digitraveler from Radio Shack (they no longer sell them) with a custom cable which I bought on Ebay from someone and so can use the GPS features on THAT Zaurus.

Zroadmap has an arrow on the screen which tracks your travel when you use it in a car and the names of the roads and intersections pop up on the screen as you pass them....very neat.  The only thing I could never get to work with it is the voice.  Flite always reads just the first intersection and then never "speaks" again.  sad.gif

Sorry, but I'm confused. The arrow on the screen tracking your travel is on the screen of SL-5500, not C1000? And the reason is ..., you can't get GPS to work with C1000? or i'm totally off the track
tombraider
Well, I'll try to explain:
The Digitraveler can only connect through the serial port (or whatever that connection at the base of the SL-5500 is called) on my 5500. Since the C1000 does not have that type of connection; ergo, I cannot connect the Digitraveler GPS device to the C1000.

I don't have a CF card GPS or USB GPS device to TRY on the C1000. So, all I can do on the C1000 is look at static maps after I enter in an address. I cannot use the GPS tracking with it since I don't have a device which connects to it.

BTW, you need to set the icon for Zroadmap to "use root privilege" for it to work AND you must type in a viable address in the utility to have the maps show up. Also, your maps must be placed in one of the folders listed in the options of Zroadmap.

Do you have Zroadmap working on your device?

QUOTE(xjqian @ Feb 5 2006, 01:00 AM)
All I do is look up addresses with the zroadmap install I have on the C1000.  On my SL-5500,  I have qpeGPS installed and use a Digitraveler from Radio Shack (they no longer sell them) with a custom cable which I bought on Ebay from someone and so can use the GPS features on THAT Zaurus.

Zroadmap has an arrow on the screen which tracks your travel when you use it in a car and the names of the roads and intersections pop up on the screen as you pass them....very neat.  The only thing I could never get to work with it is the voice.  Flite always reads just the first intersection and then never "speaks" again.  sad.gif

Sorry, but I'm confused. The arrow on the screen tracking your travel is on the screen of SL-5500, not C1000? And the reason is ..., you can't get GPS to work with C1000? or i'm totally off the track

mbaush
Hello, I have installed the ipk, but where do i drop the usdir.rdm file ?

I'm getting a few errors when I launch it

"An error occured when opening the selected trip"

and from the console :

## roadmap_option.c line 371: illegal option /home/zaurus/Documents..
## roadmap_locator.c line 1444: cannot open directory database (usdir)
## roadmap_gps.c line 232: cannot access GPS source gpsd://localhost
## roadmap_file.c line 70: cannot open file /home/zaurus/.roadmap/trips/default

Perhaps it is because I am running on cacko beta for SL-C3000...

oh and s3ah0kzz, if I can find any data for quebec, I would be happy! before first step is to get the app working.
bam
you need the usdir.rdm file for it to run...
ashikase
QUOTE(tombraider @ Feb 6 2006, 12:05 AM)
The Digitraveler can only connect through the serial port (or whatever that connection at the base of the SL-5500 is called) on my 5500.  Since the C1000 does not have that type of connection; ergo,  I cannot connect the Digitraveler GPS device to the C1000.

Actually, the C1000 (as well as the C3x00) _does_ have a Sharp serial port - it's on the side with the USB connector, hidden behind a cover.

Whether it will work for you seems to depend on the hardware/cable that you use. Try searching the forums for more information (i.e. 'C3000' or 'C1000' and 'serial').

- ashikase
- anpachi, gifu, japan
tombraider
Put usdir.rdm in /opt/QtPalmtop/share/roadmap if you have enough room or /mnt/cf/QtPalmtop/share/roadmap or /mnt/card/QtPalmtop/share/roadmap

Put a map in the same folder so you can try it out. Remember to hold down on the Roadmap icon with your stylus and check "use root". Also, go to "find, address" on the menu of roadmap and put in a known good address. Now Roadmap is picky on what it can find as an address. For instance, if I put in Peachtree Str for Atlanta, GA nothing will come up...I guess there are just too many instances of "Peachtree Str" for it to handle. Also, it will only accept certain abbreviations for Av, str (or maybe it's st), hwy, etc. You have to keep trying until you hit upon something that works and that it recognizes. You can also try "find, intersection". Then it will save the address so that in the future, you can go to "find" and choose that address and your map will pop up for that area. I have basic addresses for each city or county that I choose in order to get the map to pop up for that area and then I scroll from that address to find what I want.

Just download any map to use and try it out and look up viable addresses in Google or Yahoo.

QUOTE(mbaush @ Feb 6 2006, 01:43 AM)
Hello, I have installed the ipk, but where do i drop the usdir.rdm file ?

I'm getting a few errors when I launch it

"An error occured when opening the selected trip"

and from the console :

## roadmap_option.c line 371: illegal option /home/zaurus/Documents..
## roadmap_locator.c line 1444: cannot open directory database (usdir)
## roadmap_gps.c line 232: cannot access GPS source gpsd://localhost
## roadmap_file.c line 70: cannot open file /home/zaurus/.roadmap/trips/default

Perhaps it is because I am running on cacko beta for SL-C3000...

oh and s3ah0kzz, if I can find any data for quebec, I would be happy! before first step is to get the app working.
mbaush
I have unzipped, untar and dropped a few .rdm (maps) from the website into /opt/QtPalmtop/share/roadmap, but nothing shows up.

How do I view a map ? Can I only access a location by address?

At least the app is working, and is not displayed that error message anymore smile.gif
bam
search for a valid address...then you will see the map
tombraider
Heh, well, you did the hardest part. You should have a county map in the same folder with usdir.rdm.
You have to go to "find" at the top menu, click on "address" or "intersection" and keep entering addresses for the area map you downloaded until zroadmap "finds" one. It takes a lot of patience and a lot of tries, but eventually you should hit on a street, avenue or intersection which makes the map pop up and shows the address. You can try various streets, avenues, etc. in a city in the county. Also, street, avenue drive have standard abbreviations which you have to use AND use the standard abbreviations for the state. I think avenue is AV; drive is DR, but I'm not sure. Keep trying....if it says "no street of that name", try a different street. Once you get a map, you can scroll to various areas and click the stylus on different streets and avenues and see the spelling the app uses which makes it easier to enter OTHER addresses.
I have unzipped, untar and dropped a few .rdm (maps) from the website into /opt/QtPalmtop/share/roadmap, but nothing shows up.

How do I view a map ? Can I only access a location by address?

At least the app is working, and is not displayed that error message anymore smile.gif
Jon_J
Quickest way to find a street if this is your first time searching, is use very basic, simple street names.
203 main
204 main
608 washington (presidents)
204 elm (trees)
etc, etc. Eventually one will pop up.
What I did for a city close to me was to look up the public library in the phone book. When I typed in that address, the map popped up.

Jon
mbaush
Great, thanks for the help, I got it to work.

Therefore I'm a little disappointed, as it's nowhere as fast or visually complete as my good old Mapopolis on pocket pc was..

Lets just hope it gets better as the time goes on smile.gif

Say, there's QPose that emulates Palm OS, could I get TomTom or Mapopolis running from the emulation on my Zaurus ? rolleyes.gif

I can't get my hands on a Palm ROM though.. Anyone got QPose to work?
gab74
i try to run qpose on my c3100 but it is almost unusable....so i do not think that we can run palm gps software under zaurus.....
xjqian
I zoomed out too much and zroadmap crashed. Now zroadmap GUI crashes (the process existed) upon startup, even after uninstall/reinstall. Do es anybody know where it stores the inital zoom information?

Edit: sorry it's working fine, just takes very long time to load maps for a very large area.
bam
QUOTE(xjqian @ Feb 20 2006, 02:40 AM)
I zoomed out too much and zroadmap crashed. Now zroadmap GUI crashes (the process existed) upon startup, even after uninstall/reinstall. Do es anybody know where it stores the inital zoom information?

Edit: sorry it's working fine, just takes very long time to load maps for a very large area.

probably in -/settings
xamindar
Does anyone actually use this with a gps?
tombraider
I use it with my SL-5500 with the Radio Shack Digitraveler (no longer available) and a special homemade cable which I bought on EBay.

Works great. Tracks along like a champ with a little blue triangle and pops up with the names of upcoming intersections. In each corner it tells your current speed and how far you have to go on your trip and I forget what else.

Can't use it on my C1000 because I don't have a GPS device which will work with it.

QUOTE(xamindar @ Feb 20 2006, 05:10 PM)
Does anyone actually use this with a gps?
Jon_J
There's a post in "Deals and Great Z Buys" subforum. GPS for $35
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17825

My question is: Do you need a cellular phone + account to use these devices?
I know it's a dumb sounding question, but I thought you needed a method to "talk" to the satellites. Does the above GPS module work by itself when being hooked up to a Zaurus?

Thank you,
Jon
tombraider
Nah, believe it or not, there's something in this world that's FREE. :-) I guess the US government put the satellites up there...I can get about 6 or 7 on a good clear day. Just plug the device into the Zaurus and WAIT ...sometimes the first time will take as long as 10 to 15 minutes to pull in the satellites but mine works almost instantly after you have used it once in a new place.

I'll check out that link to the inexpensive GPS...thanks.

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 20 2006, 08:43 PM)
There's a post in "Deals and Great Z Buys" subforum. GPS for $35
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17825

My question is: Do you need a cellular phone + account to use these devices?
I know it's a dumb sounding question, but I thought you needed a method to "talk" to the satellites. Does the above GPS module work by itself when being hooked up to a Zaurus?

Thank you,
Jon
Jon_J
Has anyone used this CF GPS card with a C3100/3000/1000? (With zroadmap)?
http://www.ambicom.com/products/gps/gps-cf.html
AmbiCom GPS Navigation Receiver CompactFlash Card [Model GPS-CF]
I want to know if this one works, because my local Staples store carries them.
I don't plan to use the included software or voice stuff. I want to be able to use this when I'm on a motorcycle trip. I'll just pull over and take my C3100 out of the saddlebag and use the GPS to "Find" my location.
Description from webpage below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overview
AmbiCom's GPS Navigation Receiver CompactFlash Card is the Global Positioning System Receiver for your Pocket PC and the perfect accessory to your PDA. In addition to comprehensive driving directions, the GPS Navigation CompactFlash Card is loaded with extra features such as dynamic voice navigation, off-route warning, and detailed street maps in the 50 states. Now you can turn your Pocket PC into a true GPS navigation system and never worry about getting lost!

In addition to PocketMap Navigator, you can also use other forms of navigation software in conjunction with AmbiCom's Navigation Receiver. Aviation, nautical, outdoor camping and hiking software are just some examples of the variety of softwares you can use with AmbiCom's Navigation Receiver. Simply ensure the software is compatible with NMEA-0183 and SiRF Binary protocols and you are free to explore the world with your new GPS navigation system!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevermind, I should have searched first... I used "Ambicom" as search word, and after sorting thru 28 pages of wifi and bluetooth. I found about 15 threads on GPS. 5 of them were very informational and I bookmarked them.
Jon
xjqian

I have CF gps working (i.e. can see the satellite signals in the zroadmap gps console and qpegps). However, I didn't see an arrow on the zroadmap screen which tracks my travel. Is there a setting/preference I should set?

Edit: Should have printed the following on my forehead: "patience is a virtue!". Since this is the first time the gps unit starts up, it takes ~10-20min to associate with the satellite network. Btw, I love the blue arrow biggrin.gif ...
tombraider
Actually, I have not done this in a while and at the age of 62 my memory is not the best smile.gif BUT, I think you have to "start a trip" first and then get moving and you will see the arrow moving. I can't remember if you need to set a "destination" also, but maybe you do.

HTH

QUOTE(xjqian @ Feb 24 2006, 09:21 PM)

I have CF gps working (i.e. can see the satellite signals in the zroadmap gps console and qpegps). However, I didn't see an arrow on the zroadmap screen which tracks my travel. Is there a setting/preference I should set?

Edit: Should have printed the following on my forehead: "patience is a virtue!". Since this is the first time the gps unit starts up, it takes ~10-20min to associate with the satellite network. Btw, I love the blue arrow biggrin.gif ...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.