"Secret" Key Combinations
These button combinations are meant for advanced users, do not fiddle with this unless you know what you are doing. Choosing the wrong options may turn your hi-tech Zaurus into a low-tech doorstop. (removing the battery and pressing the power button seems to work just as well as removing the battery and waiting, on the 3200 at least)
Special cases that have not been generalized are listed by the specific model name.
|OK POWER||D M POWER||D M RESET||D B POWER||D B RESET||Fn D P RESET||Q T RESET||A B RESET||D P RESET||Fn D M POWER||Fn D P POWER||C D POWER|
|Maintenance Menu (Service Menu)||Diagnostics Menu||Diagnostics Menu||Linux rescue||Linux rescue||Diagnostics Menu||Flash ROM 8||NAND backup||Diagnostics Menu||Diagnostics Menu||Diagnostics Menu||Flash ROM 8|
|SL-6000||YES||YES||YES||YES 4||YES 4|
|SL-C860||YES 7||YES 5||NO||YES 6||YES 6||YES|
|SL-C3x00||YES 1||YES 2||C3000 3||YES 2||C3000 3||3200||NO|
- Remove battery for a few seconds before pressing keys
- Remove battery and all other power supplies, press M D or D B at the same time (keep pressed until Diagnostics Menu is shown). Replace battery, close battery lid and switch. Power on.
- Remove battery cover, switch lock back on, hold M D or D B at the same time and tap the RESET switch.
- No prompting for confirmation. Both the Charge and Mail LEDs will light up while flashing or NAND backup, the flashing or NAND backup has completed when they both turn off. For flashing ROM you need appropriate update images and scripts. For NAND backup, a *.DBK file has to be in the root directory of a SD or CF card in FAT16
- Remove battery and all other power supplies, press D and M at the same time (keep pressed until Diagnostics Menu is shown) and replace battery. Not available when pdaXrom boot loader U-Boot installed.
- Remove battery and all other power supplies, press key combination (keep pressed until Diagnostics Menu is shown) and replace battery. Available with both standard ROM and when pdaXrom boot loader U-Boot installed.
- From running Zaurus issue reboot command and hold down OK button until the Maintenance/Service Menu is displayed. Or remove battery and all other power supplies, replace battery, close and lock battery cover, press OK button (hold until Maintenance/Service Menu is displayed), and power on.
- Before rebooting, uncompress ROM files (including updater.sh) to the root directory of a FAT16-formatted CF or SD card and insert the card into the target unit. Green lamp (Mail) will flash during operation and go off when ROM flash is complete.