Available ROMs for the SL-5x00
Summary; see Details, below)
See also: [5x00_ROMs]
Probably the most stable and least configurable/flexible of the various ROM choices.
SL-5500, SL-5000D, SL-5500G (Germany QWERTZ keyboard), SL-5500 v3
- Sharp ROM 1.3a - update recommended
- Sharp ROM 2.36 - last one delivered
- Sharp ROM 2.37 (June 20, 2002)
- Sharp ROM 2.38 - update recommended: improves FTP security http://www.myzaurus.com/downloads.asp
- Sharp ROM 3.10 - english only but works great (no German keyboard mapping) http://www.myzaurus.com/downloads3.asp
- Sharp ROM 3.13 - CD-v313.zip
- Sharp ROM 1.21 - stock ROM (on my 5600, purchased 2004-04-16)
- Sharp ROM 1.32 - latest (2003-08-01) on Sharp's Web site http://www.myzaurus.com/ROMupdate6.asp
The Sharp ROMs are also available here on OESF: http://www.zaurususergroup.org/UpDownload index-req-viewsdownload-sid-29.phtml
Cacko ROM (5000D/5500)
- Last release: April 2, 2004
Based on the Sharp ROM
Opera, Word and Sheet need much a lot RAM, so in this update version /home directory moved to MMC/SD card. Instruction for update and prepare MMC/SD card you can read on Crow  rom page.
- zImage - 32MB RAM for SL5000D and 64MB RAM memory for SL5500
- Added EmbeddedKonsole
- Added FileManager
- Added fdisk, top, ssh
- Added Process Manager
- Added Smooth system fonts
- Builtin Cyrillic support and russian keyboard layout
- Opera moved from ROM for installing on MMC/SD
- Removed patience game
- APM patch from OpenZaurus kernel (adopted for 2.4.18 kernel version by Albert Rybalkin).
This patch implements accurate batery power reading, which allows to display actual percentage of remaining battery power instead of Good, Low, etc levels.
- Compiled with CONFIG_FS_SYNC flag turned off. The CONFIG_FS_SYNC flag is a modification added by Sharp
to force media (i.e., CF