C760 English Service Menus
This is information from the Original URL @ Conics
Why do you care about these menus?
- I was able to use it to diagnose a problem with my CF Slot.
- Cool stuff accessible.
- Need it to reflash the Original Japanese NAND backups.
To Get English Service Menus:
- Unlock the battery with power unplugged.
- Remove the battery and re-insert it.
- Press and keep the keyboard "D" & "M" keys pressed.
- Lock the battery again.
- While turning your machine on, you will see a menu in English.
There are three directly accessible.
- To move around the screen select a number or use arrow keys.
Also DEL seems to cancel.
Otherwise during and after a test runs follow screen directions.
Alternate Path to Service Menus (tested on C860)
- From Applications select Terminal
- at "bash-2.05$" enter "su root" (and press Enter)
- at the pound sign enter "reboot" (and press Enter)
- immediately hold down D and M keys
Path Out of Service Menus (on C860 anyway)
- Select "Extra Menu"
- Select "Reset" and press "Enter"
- You have to contort yourself to get to these menus. Don't forget "D" and "M"
should be pressed the whole time.
- BE CAREFUL WITH THESE MENUS, YOU COULD KILL YOUR SL-C7X0
- This Menu provides access to another set of 4 Menus. See Option 7
< I will take more pictures of Option 7 menus once my C760 returns from Japan>