Debian/Zaurus installation guide (for all C-series models)
This is a detailed guide to how to get a full Debian installed on your Zaurus. I assume that you:
- You have a Zaurus
- You fancy playing Debian for real on your Zaurus
What are the benefits of running a full Debian on the Zaurus? At least the following:
- A complete and standard package repository system
- A complete and standard documentation system
- Same functionality and use as on desktop, once properly set up
- A full laptop experience in your palm!
This guide will walk you through the methods of installing a real Debian on your Zaurus. It is a bit long, but actually you are not supposed to read it all. You will be prompted a few questions (Q8-Q12) and you will then know where to continue.
For fresh beginners, please read from Q1 onwards.
For experienced users who just want to check out and review the installation procedures, simply jump directly to the relevant question.