Ethernet Card Support
Compatibility and Support > Ethernet Card Support
(Copied from www.zauruszone.com)
Out-of-the-box working cards
Cards working without any special configuration
- Ambicom - AMB8610 (10 Mb)
- Hamlet HA-HCF450 (10 Mbit)
- billionton CFLT-10B (10 Mbit)
- Hawking - CF686TX (10/100 Mbit) -- worked out of the box with 2.0.37
- Pharos PE-CF100 (10/100 Mbit)
- Sitecom CF-002 (10 Mbit) -- out of box with rom v3.10
Searching the internet suggests the following CF Ethernet cards can be made to work
- Socket - EA-2900-117
- Pretec - CXL 10BT-3RP
- Xircom - !CompactCard Ethernet 10
- Zonet ZCF1400 CF
- Conceptronic 100CF - 10/100 Mb
Not so good cards
People have reported difficulty getting these to work
- Socket 10/100 (note their 10BT-only card is said to be OK). See the note below to configure the 10/100 card.
- Zonet ZCF1400 CF. (but some say it works great)
The Socket appears to be the cheapest of these available (in the UK). Also the Hamlet is very cheap (~ 50 euros in Italy). However I found an unbranded CF Ethernet card at half the price claiming NE2000 compatibility, and Tamarack 3299CE chipset compatibility. This worked following the basic procedure below.
Howto - basic.
The procedure appears to be ...
- Insert card.
- Press the Home button to get to the Settings page...
- Select "Network