How to get VNC to work on the Zaurus
How to get VNC to work on the Zaurus.
1. Install the FB VNC Server ipk and zlib ipk from SDG Systems or http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/showdetail.php?app=21 (although, the version there may be outdated). Note that this will only work for older models, not the Cx00 models since they have a 2.4.20 kernel and a different keyboard mapping.
2. Reboot your Zaurus. Note that the next two taps after this reboot will calibrate the screen for VNC, so wait until it has fully booted before tapping anything.
3. Once your Zaurus has finished booting up, with your stylus tap the very top left corner of the screen and then the very bottom right corner of the screen. Do not worry if Qtopia thinks you are tapping something at this stage as it does not know you are calibrating VNC. You do NOT have to keep recalibrating on every reboot once this is successful.
4. Start the VNC server on your Zaurus by tapping the VNC launch icon
5. Launch your VNC viewer from your desktop and connect to the Zaurus using your Zaurus' IP address and display number 0.
If screen taps seem to be offset when using VNC, then you probably did not do step 3 correctly. In this case, delete the file /etc/tssim_cal.conf either with the filemanager or by running the following command as root:
Then go back to step 2.