Installation of pdaXrom versions 1.1.0beta4 and above, including the r1** series, require that U-Boot be previously installed on the target unit.
- Download a ROM version from the pdaXrom download page.
- Extract the 3 files — autoboot.sh, kernel.img, rootfs.img — to the root of your CF or SD/MMC card.
- Remove battery and AC power.
- Replace battery, replace and lock battery cover, plug in AC power.
- Press and hold the "OK" button on the keyboard.
- Turn the power on, the Zaurus should boot into the Emergency system .
- You'll be asked whether to proceed to install pdaXrom or the emergency system. Press "y" and then [ENTER].
- At the bash command prompt ("#"), change to the directory on your CF or SD card where you stored the files in step 2:
- # cd /mnt/cf (for CF card)
- # cd /mnt/card (for SD card)
- Run the installation script (the last dot "." is necessary).
- # ./autoboot.sh .
- When asked once again whether to install pdaXrom or boot the emergency system, press "y" and then [ENTER].
- Flashing will then begin. Just let it do its job. It may take minute or two.
- After flashing is done, the system will reboot automatically. Installation completes.