Modem Card Support
Compatibility and Support > Modem Card Support
Modem cards compatible with the Zaurus
These are cards which go in the Compact Flash slot. Use the Network setup tool on the Zaurus to configure PPP.
Information summarized from various forum posts and quotes...
Reported to work out-of-the-box:
- Xircom (http://www.xircom.com/) CompactCard Modem 56 GlobalACCESS (http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/xircfm56g.htm)
- Socket (http://www.socketcom.com/) 56k Modem CF Card (http://www.socketcom.com/product/56k.asp)
- TDK CF Modem DF56CFS
- Pretec (http://www.pretec.com) CompactModem(tm) 56k (http://www.pretec.com/index2/product/Mobile_peripherals/CompactModem.htm)
- Targus (http://www.targus.com/) Pocket Modem 56K V.90 (http://www.targus.com/product_details.asp?sku=PA560U) is physically identical to Ambicom
- Ambicom (http://www.ambicom.com/) EZJack V.90 56K !CompactFlash Modem Card (http://www.ambicom.com/products/ezport/cf56m_ez/cf56m_ez.htm) is physically identical to Targus
- bmobile (http://www.bmobile.ne.jp) AP-U100C3 PHS 128kbps best effort Modem Card. Not immediately recognised but no problems after using the set up wizard.