This is a new article. Please help adding missing details.
This page is concerned with recovering a Zaurus from a bad/broken installation and restoring it back to the Sharp ROM. This is the most common case of recovery; those people who are using alternative ROMs probably know how to reinstall or retrieve a back up. Some people buying a Zaurus second hand will find an unusable installation but have no experience in recovery.
First you will need a NAND Flash ROM image appropriate to your Zaurus. Where can images be obtained ?
- Copy the image to the root directory of an SD or CF card.
- Go to the maintenance menu on the Zaurus.
- Insert the card.
- Select NAND Image restore.
- Select SD or CF.
- Wait until the bar fills the screen and OK appears.
- Exit the menu and boot the Zaurus.
Restoring Hard Disk
What is the best procedure ? If the drive has been reformatted then the user probably wants to format it as FAT. Where to obtain disk images ?
- Zaurus models SL-3000, 3100 and 3200 come with a microdrive. Restore the drive by USB.