Zaurus Run Levels
|1||single user mode|
|2||multiuser, without networking|
|3||full multiuser mode|
To boot to run level 3
- When you see Wait ...1 Hit the __/__ key (left of the space bar)
- Then option choose __a__
- Then login a the prompt with a user (zaurus or root) and normal password
- not sure what the other options do
To boot to run level 1
- When the screen goes blank hold down the __b__ and __d__ keys (Question: is that model specific?)
- Hopefully it will boot to a prompt, if not try again (this can take a few times to get it to work)
- Login in with root and a blank password
- you can use run level 1 to reset your root password. After logging in just type passwd and enter a new one.
- Its also useful if you deleted or corrupted the passwd file. It will be located at /home/etc/passwd just edit to correct the mistake.
Switching run levels
the init command is used to switch run levels. must be root to use it.
would switch to run level 3