Sketches Of Q
Sketches of Q
Mind that this home page might change to http://community.zaurus.com/projects/sketches in the near future ...
It's a ... it's a ... right, a drawing program! Carefully handcrafted for cute computers that sit on your palm, replacing all those crumbled paper sheets and napkins you once scribbled your nobel prize winning thoughts and sketches on.%%% Originally designed for the Sharp Zaurus, it should work as well on other QPE based PDAs.
To give you the largest possible space to draw on, there is only a narrow toolbar with the essential buttons for i/o, pencil, filler and colors. (Obviously, this thing is not pretending to be an imaging or CAD program)
But wait - is that all? Nothing else special? Yes, there is! Some "smartness" is built into the main tools:
- The pencil provides antialiased and smoothed drawing, with two possible grades; feels like your real one and the lines do look better than in most drawing programs.
- The filler works retarded, it feels and looks almost like real pouring of color. The point is, you can stop the fill process anytime, allowing you to fill even areas that are not completely enclosed by lines. And it looks cool too ...
New in 1.0
- Undo management: adjust number of undo steps, or disable the undo function to save memory and cpu cycles.
- Improved toolbar: no more useless handles to tear off toolbars. If number of colours exceeds the bar, 'popup wrapping' steps in.
- Other minor fixes
- Normal drawing, undo enabled
- Filler active, undo disabled
- Color chooser (derived from Qt's QColorDialog)
Current binary [release|http://www.handango.com/sharp/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productId=29714] (in category "Personal Productivity" at [Handango|http://www.handango.com/sharp]).%%% Current [source|http://community.zaurus.com/download.php/182/sketches-1.0.tar.bz2].
Current Version: 1.0. This is GPL software.