TitchyLinux Installation Problems
Problems related to the SD card
- It appears that the SD card used in installation is critical to success. In particular problems have been reported when using 1GB cards.
- A suggested work round, if you do not have a smaller card to try, is to partition the card with the first partition as vfat and 128MB in size.
- Have some free space on the SD card used, as the install process first uncompress files on it before copying them to the zaurus hard drive.
Problems related to the network connection
- A network connection is needed to install the system. The installer makes an automatic choice of using DHCP to set up the connection. As noted on the TitchyLinux Wiki this will not work. If you do not correct this choice of DHCP the install will fail.
- The work round is to go back to the main menu and select Network Configuration again. You simply confirm your previous settings until you come to the offered choice of using DHCP or not. Just say no and you will then be able to set the appropriate IP settings for your router/network. You should then be able to install from a mirror without further difficulty.
- Another possible problem with a Wifi network might be that you enter your WEP key or other security settings incorrectly.
- if you have a text WEP key, you cannot type the required ':' with the keyboard. You can use some website which translate your ASCII key to HEX key, for example : http://www.andrewscompanies.com/tools/wep.asp
- Return to TitchyLinux page. TitchyLinux