Zaurus Hardware Overview
Only the Zaurus SL-C1000 and SL-C3200 are currently in production.
Zaurus comes from a long line of "Personal Mobile Tools" offered by Sharp. Previous Zaurus had a proprietary OS.
Need to explain here about the chronology of which models appeared when, especially the 6000 and A300.
This list only covers the models that use a Linux OS.
- SL-5000D - Developer model
- SL-5500 - The first model
- SL-A300 - The only Zaurus with no keyboard
- SL-6000 - Portrait with CGS screen
- SL-C700 - The first clamshell
- SL-C750, SL-C760
- SL-C760, SL-C860
- SL-C3000 - The first big box clamshell
What is the meaning of SL and SL-C ? : C seems to indicate clamshell.