Author Topic: Left speaker much quieter than right?  (Read 3190 times)

szopin

• View Profile
Left speaker much quieter than right?
« on: October 25, 2020, 07:04:52 am »
I've been using my cosmo almost exclusively muted or with headphones, recently watched a movie through the built-in speakers and noticed the left one is much quieter than the right. The left one is still working, but it is so much drowned out by the right one you have to actually put it next to the ear to hear that it is also playing. Tried using some equalizer apps to shift the balance left, but it's not really helping. I've contacted support and got this:
Yes one speaker is louder than the other, this is not a fault. If however, the speaker has failed, this we need the look at.
So, just not to have to deal with data backing up and paying 25$ plus shipping etc just to get it back as 'all fine'. Is this really normal? I've searched this forum but the only thing I found is: speakers are actually stereo and separation is great, much better than gemini. Which leads me to believe I do have a faulty one. But surely people would complain that you can only hear the right speaker while playing a movie? Can someone pls comment on the 'one speaker is louder than the other' as working as expected, should the difference be miniscule or huge as I am experiencing it?

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Left speaker much quieter than right?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 07:30:03 am »
I've been using my cosmo almost exclusively muted or with headphones, recently watched a movie through the built-in speakers and noticed the left one is much quieter than the right. The left one is still working, but it is so much drowned out by the right one you have to actually put it next to the ear to hear that it is also playing. Tried using some equalizer apps to shift the balance left, but it's not really helping. I've contacted support and got this:
Yes one speaker is louder than the other, this is not a fault. If however, the speaker has failed, this we need the look at.
So, just not to have to deal with data backing up and paying 25$ plus shipping etc just to get it back as 'all fine'. Is this really normal? I've searched this forum but the only thing I found is: speakers are actually stereo and separation is great, much better than gemini. Which leads me to believe I do have a faulty one. But surely people would complain that you can only hear the right speaker while playing a movie? Can someone pls comment on the 'one speaker is louder than the other' as working as expected, should the difference be miniscule or huge as I am experiencing it?
In mine , the sound is the same in both sides ( left and right ).
I´ve tested with some videos  and  also audios ( music only ) I have saved in my Cosmo.
Let' s see the other answers here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:38:20 am by cam1965 »

bluetooth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 05:46:10 pm »
I have experienced the same phenomenon as szopin. Haven't tried equalizer, though.

Hount

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 04:13:35 am »
It's exactly same for me. Left speaker is significantly quieter than right.

taylorgodiva28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 11:52:43 pm »
It's exactly same for me. Left speaker is significantly quieter than right. 
I remember I used to be like that. I then went into the settings and found out it was possible to edit it!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 11:54:56 pm by taylorgodiva28 »