Author Topic: Successful IMEI recovery step-by-step  (Read 1800 times)

Shiunbird1

• View Profile
Successful IMEI recovery step-by-step
« on: January 10, 2022, 08:48:08 am »
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, after spending well over 20 hours in total getting my Cosmo set the way I want, I booted into Linux and couldn't get 4G up. After that, to my horror, I rebooted into Android and saw that the IMEI field for my both SIM slots was blank.

I wanted to cry at the prospect of redoing the whole deal and decided to spend some time to recover them.
(I still have my box)

The software I used was Maui META 9.1724.0.00 and, of course, you must install the MediaTek drivers in advance.

(Screenshots from Android MTK)

1. Open Maui META and turn the phone on. The screen will go fully blank, only showing "Meta boot" on the bottom left corner. Maui META wil look like this:

2. Select IMEI download.

3. In the AP DB database collection for MediaTek that I found, nothing convinced me to be compatible with the Cosmo, so I actually did a "Upload from Flash". After doing that, the "NVRAM Database File" field will tell you that it is using the database from the target device.

4. Enter the IMEI for both SIM 1 and SIM 2. The rightmost digit is the checksum. Click "Download to Flash".

Done. No need to have anything else running on the phone. I had tried running some solutions on the device, but none of them worked.

Please refer to their page at https://androidmtk.com/use-maui-meta-tool for more details, but don't use any AP BP base file unless you are sure it's the correct one.