Author Topic: Amazing! My C1000 Is Un-bricked!  (Read 2940 times)

duhbert

• View Profile
Amazing! My C1000 Is Un-bricked!
« on: June 03, 2005, 06:46:21 am »
Hi there!

I am so happy to tell you all that my C1000, which was previously suspected to be bricked/fried/killed by an absolute newbie/linux dummy (= me) in this thread, has been revived by TRIsoft just within a very short time (for some money, of course, but just a small amount.   ).

In the desperation of the tragic accident of my C1000, I contacted TRIsoft to find out the possibility of having it repaired by them, despite the fact that I didn't get my Zaurus from them.  To my big surprise, they responded within an hour to ask me to go ahead with sending them the device with no fee for inspection, unless it's in need of repair.  They even offered to arrange  to send it back to Japan if necessary.  Even more surprisingly,  in fact TRIsoft had sent me a pm before I sent them the first mail.    

So I sent my vegetarian C1000 to them last Thursday.  It was delivered Tuesday morning, and, they fixed it in the SAME morning.  Then they informed me of the revival of the device right after that and asked me how I charged the device.  I told them I used to use a step-down transformer to convert the voltage in Europe into the Japanese 100v.  Actually I was just thinking of buying the original EA-70 because I will soon be working in the States for two months.  TRIsoft kindly offered to send me an additional US cable FREE OF CHARGE!    

Everything was packed and sent back to me later in the afternoon in the same day.  Finally, my living Akita was home again the next day afternoon!  I do feel being treated as a real customer rather than a sheer order/invoice number.  

I used the EA-70 to charge it up, and pressed the power button when it was fully fed.  I greeted it with a satisfied smile and after a few seconds it gave me a 'bow-wow' in return.    

This is the best online shopping experience and service I  have ever had.  And what a pleasant beginning of my zaurus journey!   Again many thanks to TRIsoft and those who have offered kind advice along the way.

The lesson I learn from this story is: Never try out any unfamiliar scripts/commands (especially those that have to do with something deep in the system) if you are a newbie, unless they are fully tested and discussed by the experienced users.  Rushing ahead often means putting the buddy's life at stake.  Be patient to search, to ask, to wait.  Also I have discovered the big difference between palm and zaurus.  They are just of two distinct species.  My Akita will deserve the best from me.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 10:29:08 am by duhbert »

duhbert

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 07:11:39 am »
Oh, I forgot to add that the problem and confusions are all due to my ignorance of zaurus, and nothing wrong with C1000 inherently.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:11:59 am by duhbert »

bluedevils

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 08:51:27 am »
Wow!  That was extremely good of TriSoft.  Good PR.  It is the reason that my next Z will most likely come from their US affiliate, streamline.
I'm now an iphone user and use my zaurii as serial terminals, perl and shell scripting and when I need 640x480 screens

sl-c3100/pda cacko 1.23 | sl-6000l/needs battery | sl-c760/server pdaxrom rc12 | Former sl-5500/tkcrom owner (sister's birthday gift)

albertr

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 09:45:00 am »
Good to hear that it's back to live again! So, what did they exactly do to revive it?
-albertr

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 10:01:51 am »
Wow!  That was extremely good of TriSoft.  Good PR.  It is the reason that my next Z will most likely come from their US affiliate, streamline.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82624\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

very nice and impressive. not many companies that i know of would do such a thing voluntarily.
this only validates that my impression of them was right and i wasn't lying when i described them as 'one of the better places for buying a Zaurus' on my website
if only they weren't on the other side of the world from where i am...
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

Mirrormn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 03:18:40 pm »
I usually try and find the absolutely lowest price for anything I buy on the internet, but for my new SL-C1000, I decided to go to StreamLineCPUs even though their price is higher than most (probably because it's the cheapest place that actually accepts credit cards). I was initally impressed when they sent me a custom-written English manual, more impressed when they included a USB host cable that I was not aware they were including, and also impressed by the extra applications they installed for me.
So I guess it's no surprise to hear how awesome TriSoft is with PR. Hurray for StreamLine/TriSoft!
SL-C1000
Original Sharp ROM from StreamLineCPUs
256MB CF Card
Kingston 1GB SD Card
Spectrum24 CF Wifi Card