Author Topic: Codi firmware 1.1.1.16  (Read 17232 times)

Zarhan

• View Profile
Codi firmware 1.1.1.16
« on: April 28, 2021, 04:21:32 pm »
Seems this just came available. Any release notes anywhere yet about what's improved?

Daniel W

• View Profile
Re: Codi firmware 1.1.1.16
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 06:25:54 pm »
None that I can see. It downloaded quickly and for me, it installed on only four attempts in flight mode, with DND and the CoDi off. The resources appears to be the same as in 1.1.1.15 so it only flashed the actual firmware.

I do notice that I can get an on-CoDi kind-of keyboard to quickly jump to a particular letter in my contacts, rather than being forced to scroll all the way. Not sure how long that has been there, as I rarely make phone calls from the CoDi, or at all, for that matter.

Personally, I just hope newer CoDi firmwares will crash less often.

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 11:48:28 pm »
I think that letter selection is new.

Still doesn't allow for filtering of phone number types, they have just dumped all of them to be selectable, including corporate numbers synced that include stuff like Fax numbers that I'll never dial...

vldmr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 08:31:33 am »
I do notice that I can get an on-CoDi kind-of keyboard to quickly jump to a particular letter in my contacts, rather than being forced to scroll all the way. Not sure how long that has been there, as I rarely make phone calls from the CoDi, or at all, for that matter.
I am on 1.1.1.15 and letter navigation is there, I think it was available for a long time already.

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 08:33:31 am »
I think that letter selection is new.

Still doesn't allow for filtering of phone number types, they have just dumped all of them to be selectable, including corporate numbers synced that include stuff like Fax numbers that I'll never dial...

What, do you seriously claim that you do NOT on a regular basis (or at all??) have long and meaningful conversations with fax-machines? That was probably hurtful to hear for a lot of fax-machines... :o 8) ???

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 08:39:39 am »
Oh, and it still only takes part of my contacts (it gives me all the way to "E"!).

Think I saw/read somewhere that it includes access to the camera on Linux...?

(Red: It was on Indiegogo, in the comment section...)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:44:42 am by gymbo »

LinuxGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 09:53:52 am »
anyone saw effects in linux?

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 01:18:32 pm »
Personally, I just hope newer CoDi firmwares will crash less often.
Well, this is me, some ten days later. Firmware 1.1.1.14 and earlier, used to crash my CoDi, five or so, times per day, making it pretty much "a broken feature", as another thread describes it. I noticed some improvement with 1.1.1.15 and 1.1.1.16 has, so far, been stable for me. Yay.

Hount

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 09:02:42 am »
My Cosmo is now on a warranty repair so can't test right now. But is the latest Codi firmware still accepting touch input when the lid is open and you'd hold the device in you hands?
That "feature" alone have made me use Codi only after reboots for a second or two before I go to menu and shut it down. Sometimes when I forget to shut it down I will notice it after few minutes of usage when I'm accidentally shutting down LTE, WLAN or putting phone on airplane mode :)

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 07:51:13 pm »
My Cosmo is now on a warranty repair so can't test right now. But is the latest Codi firmware still accepting touch input when the lid is open and you'd hold the device in you hands?
That "feature" alone have made me use Codi only after reboots for a second or two before I go to menu and shut it down. Sometimes when I forget to shut it down I will notice it after few minutes of usage when I'm accidentally shutting down LTE, WLAN or putting phone on airplane mode :)

The Codi is not supposed to take input (in Android) when it is open, it just displays the Planet logo. And I believe it has been like this at least for the previous version as well. But it MIGHT take input in the transition between open and closed when opening and closing the device...

It also seems to take input when putting it in or taking it out of a pocket, but it is also now (and has been for a while??) possible to lock the Codi by pressing the silver button.

kalllll

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 11:09:00 am »
Hello.  Please tell me: "Where can I download the firmware files 1.1.1.16?"  Thank you.

Pali

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 04:09:43 pm »
Hello.  Please tell me: "Where can I download the firmware files 1.1.1.16?"  Thank you.

url: http://p2w.pripla.com/stm32flash/V1.1.1.16/Cosmo_firmware-stem_ospi2_1_1_1_16.bin
md5sum: 6691e09ce307d078f94f0841a9ca1f6e