Author Topic: Beware tkcSky  (Read 1299 times)

yodabob

• View Profile
    • http://
Beware tkcSky
« on: March 30, 2004, 12:41:11 am »
Shawn:
I have now installed \"both\" applications.  Still nothing under \"file/catalogs\".  I have the basic-10[1].0.pdb installed on the SD card under /var/mnt/card/QTPalmtop/lib/psc and under I:QtPalmtoplibpsc.  Did I miss something in that infamous \"readme\" file ?
Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 10:58 PM
To: \'Shawn Gordon\'
Subject: RE: tkcSky

Shawn:
Here is a copy of the readme file related to the install:
Installing tkcSky and supporting data catalog files

1. The .ipk file is the main application. Load it to your Z in the usual manner.
   We strongly recommend loading to CF or SD expansion memory.
(in other words, the readme makes absolutely NO reference to install BOTH, though I did install the tkcSKY app to SD)

\"they need to be wherever you install them to\".  Pullleeezzz, this is not what\'s indicated in the aforementioned reademe.
\"/var/mnt/card/QtPalmtop/lib/psc if you are using SD memory expansion.\"

Suggestion:  Correct your \"readme\'s\", not me.

I have been a big supporter of your tkc applications, you might try to be a bit more forthcoming and polite when responding to honest requests for support, I have purchased several TKC apps and have never asked for support.  Nor will I again.  I will not be purchasing additional applications, though that had been my intention.

Bob Shaffer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 10:24 PM
To: Bob Shaffer
Subject: Re: tkcSky

the readme says to install both.
At 02:40 PM 3/29/2004, you wrote:

I just purchased and downloaded this application.  The readme file says to \"install the ipk\", but there are two of them.  Which one is tkcSKY and do I need the other one as well (qpe).

Can I install the program to internal memory, and keep the pdb file(s) on my SD card ?  Do these files have to be in a directory called /var/mnt/card/QtPalmtop/lib/psc ro am I reading this wrong ?  I\'ll be copying these from my PC directly to the SD card.

they need to be wherever you install them to.

Thanks
Bob Shaffer

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President
theKompany.com
www.thekompany.com
949-713-3276

tapjpa

Beware tkcSky
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 03:26:12 am »
Somethings never change.................