Author Topic: Red light  (Read 1615 times)

PNuT

• View Profile
Red light
« on: January 24, 2020, 02:47:04 pm »
The light above the camera is nearly always on with the cover closed, is this telling me something?

NormMonkey

• View Profile
Red light
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 03:09:09 pm »
Quote from: PNuT
The light above the camera is nearly always on with the cover closed, is this telling me something?

The last time I saw this light for any significant length of time was when I visited a friend who is on the very edge of cellular civilization.  My phone would get a very poor 3G signal or even just what it called "G" or no signal at all.

At those times my light varied between red and purple.  I think the purpose of this light is to let you know of degraded cellular performance.

I do occasionally see a red light right after a call.  I think this is because the phone drops to 3G for the duration of the call and the status light is slow to reflect that 4G is restored when the call ends.  

Opening the case immediately clears the red light in those cases.

PNuT

• View Profile
Red light
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 09:52:17 pm »
Quote from: NormMonkey
Quote from: PNuT

The last time I saw this light for any significant length of time was when I visited a friend who is on the very edge of cellular civilization.  My phone would get a very poor 3G signal or even just what it called "G" or no signal at all.

At those times my light varied between red and purple.  I think the purpose of this light is to let you know of degraded cellular performance.

I do occasionally see a red light right after a call.  I think this is because the phone drops to 3G for the duration of the call and the status light is slow to reflect that 4G is restored when the call ends.  

Opening the case immediately clears the red light in those cases.

Hmmmm

I am using dual sims, my personal sim is vodafone & I have it set to 3G as I have a signal booster at home so is a better connection on 3G.

I have an O2 sim for work which is set to preferred 4G & the default sim for data..

I will have a play with sim settings & see if I can get it to go out! It is on the entire time at home which is annoying!

PNuT

• View Profile
Red light
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 10:23:46 am »
Ok, seems I have removed the sims at some point and not reselected the various sim options so once I had selected them it has now gone out!