Author Topic: screen replacement  (Read 27752 times)

wilkes

• View Profile
screen replacement
« on: December 23, 2022, 09:17:19 am »
I dropped my Cosmo on a concrete floor, and the screen shattered.  The device is still functional, but it needs a new screen.  Planet wants $330 USD for a Cosmo screen.  Are there any other options?  Does anyone have a broken Cosmo with an otherwise functional screen they'd be willing to sell?
wilkes
--
Cosmo Commuicator w/ cracked screen :(
Astro Slide

idc

• View Profile
Re: screen replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 05:38:05 pm »
It must be worth looking on ebay. With the AstroSlide now arriving, I would have expected there to be a few people looking to offload their old devices.

wilkes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 11:11:38 pm »
It must be worth looking on ebay. With the AstroSlide now arriving, I would have expected there to be a few people looking to offload their old devices.

Only three on offer currently, all fully functional.  Two from Japan, $484 and $759, and one in the US for $600.

I might have been interested in the one with a faulty hinge that sold recently for $300.  I'll keep a eye on eBay; maybe someone will list a broken Cosmo with a functional screen.

wilkes
--
Cosmo Commuicator w/ cracked screen :(
Astro Slide

idc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 04:03:27 am »
flicking through the AstroSlide comments on Indiegogo I notice there are also a few people trying to sell their AstroSlides as they arrive, so you might also try searching for one of those on ebay if you don't mind upgrading, and perhaps also contact some of the people on the Indiegogo comments thread. (Though it makes for quite hard reading all the shouting going on there ...)

Kihyno

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 12:23:15 am »
Same thing happened to me yesterday :/
I found this on AliExpress : https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005003611652647.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2jpn&_fs_=true

Sounds legit?

mibry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 07:02:44 pm »
I tried to buy the screen. Order was cancel, the LCD is no longer available.  :(