Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
> All in all, it's not going to be an easy ride.

How can one support you?

I have an old Gemini, a Cosmo and possibly an Astro soon.
I would love for at least one of these phones to be usable for the foreseeable future.
Zaurus - Other distros support / ROM version does not show on my SL-C3000
« Last post by major kong on October 28, 2023, 04:26:47 pm »
I have fiddled a lot with my SL-C3000 over the years and ended up reformatting and restoring the hard drive, using the image from trisoft's site. It is now running as far as I can tell but there is one odd thing: when I launch the info application and go to the third tab, it says that the ROM Version is "--.-- JP", which is rather peculiar.

Has anyone seen this? Is this a problem with the image file from trisoft? I am rather keen on getting everything back to where they were when I bought the thing so obviously I am slightly disturbed by this anomaly.
Zaurus - Other distros support / Re: Original dictionary files for SL-C3000
« Last post by major kong on October 28, 2023, 04:08:04 pm »
So I am finally done and wanted to share my experiences:

My original problem was that I had reformatted the internal drive and that was why I had lost the dictionary files. The thing is that the root file system, the one that gets restored when one performs a factory reset is mounted on /hdd2, whereas the dictionary files are stored on /hdd3/dict1 and /hdd3/dict2 but accessed through soft links at /hdd2/QtPalmtop/.

Since I had reformatted the drive and then restored it with the file system dump from Trisoft, the contents of the partition /hdd3 was lost and that is why my dictionary did not work.

Luckily are those directories (with content) on the original CDs and I had them so what I ended up doing after a factory reset was to install the terminal application that is on the first CD and copy the dictionary directories (dict1  from CD1 and dict2 from CD2) to a SD card. I then launched the terminal and copied those two to /hdd3 and everything is back to normal.
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Re: Dual boot with 4g working
« Last post by wintergreen on October 22, 2023, 10:42:00 pm »
Hi,

I had the same bug with both rooted android and stock android. I'm going to try again later today if I get around to it. Will see how I go
Zaurus - Other distros support / Re: Original dictionary files for SL-C3000
« Last post by major kong on October 17, 2023, 04:44:33 am »
Pure luck had it that I had managed to save (and find!) copies of the contents of the 2 CDs that came with the device. It looks as if there are dictionary files in there but I have no idea where in the file tree they should go so if you could please consult your reference device and find out where the correct file location is, I would be very grateful.
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Re: Dual boot with 4g working
« Last post by Dom (shymega) on October 15, 2023, 05:05:08 pm »
I've never seen this bug before. Are you using Rooted Android, or not? What's the firmware version of Android?

To be honest, here isn't very visible for the Gemian maintainers.
Gemini PDA - General Discussion / Re: Flashtool on Windows 11
« Last post by Dom (shymega) on October 15, 2023, 02:25:45 pm »
Thanks for this useful hint! I wonder what does OS' memory protection have to do with a flashing tool...

Varti

Likely to do with the driver for interfacing with Mediatek's preloader. This isn't unusual. But I wouldn't trust it with a five-foot pole... it doesn't happen on Linux, but it could do, if it was a hardened kernel.

I've never had this happen to me though.
« Last post by Dom (shymega) on October 15, 2023, 02:24:30 pm »
I've just successfully flashed my Gemini, but to get it to get the FlashTool to recognise the Gemini I had to disable memory protection in Windows 11:

Windows Security > Device Security > Core Isolation

After a Windows reboot the Gemini could be flashed. Just reporting here in case anyone else has the same problem in future.

To turn on Core Isolation again afterwards I had to remove the FlashTool drivers (slightly technical, but a quick google solved the issue)

Would be worth adding this to the `shymega/planet-devices` wiki as a PR.
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Dual boot with 4g working
« Last post by wintergreen on October 14, 2023, 08:58:53 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get dual boot android and linux with 4g working? I can do it with 4g under linux, but then the 4g seems to stop working in android.

Thanks,

Shaun.
« Last post by Varti on October 13, 2023, 05:35:27 pm »
Thanks for this useful hint! I wonder what does OS' memory protection have to do with a flashing tool...

Varti
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]